Job Title: Operations Officer (5 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: John Snow, Inc. (JSI)
Duty Station: Busoga, Karamoja, West Nile, Lango, Acholi, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Program Coordinator
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals aged communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 104 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years.
Job Summary: The Regional Operations Officer is a full-time position based in one of five regions: Busoga (Jinja), Karamoja (Moroto), West Nile (Arua), Acholi (Gulu) or Lango (Lira). They will assist with a variety of project operations as they relate to administration, procurement, and logistics. They report to the Regional Program Coordinator.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the IT Manager to ensure office internet, photocopiers, printers, and all other IT equipment are working; Work with the Procurement Officer/Manager to obtain quotations for field procurements, follows up for POs and forwards invoices for processing.
- Work with the procurement team to conduct supplier visits and verification of field-based service providers
- Carry out orientation for newly identified vendors on project procurement requirements
- Follows up with the HR team on the issuance of staff ID cards, business cards, for new staff.
- Work with the Drivers to ensure that all vehicles are safe and road-worthy and has proper on-board vehicle documentation for field activities. Continuously track vehicle log-sheets; responsible for monthly compilation of fuel consumptions including coordination with the HR Manager on the replenishment of the fuel cards.
- Work with the Regional Program Coordinator on the weekly travel plan for the program team and share with the HR Manager to ensure there is availability of vehicles for field operation at all times.
- Work with the HR & Admin Manager in ensuring the office is maintained in a clean and useable and comfortable to users,
- Work with the Driver to maintain the office generator (where applicable) and keep record of all maintenance and repair records Work with the Office Assistant/receptionist to ensure that the goods delivered in the regional office is properly managed; documented receipt, handling, storage, release, and reporting for possible replenishment.
- Responsible for handling all couriers between the Regional Office and the Central in Kampala
- Manage office filing system and handling official documents confidentially;
- Supervise the Drivers and Receptionist/Office Assistant and provide practical advice and guidance to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered
- Support the Accountant as may be requested
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Regional Program Coordinator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University degree in a relevant field, such as administration, procurement, logistics or business management;
- Three years of experience working in administration, procurement and/or logistics, preferably with international projects;
- Good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel;
- Good communications and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs with cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 8th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com