Position Title: Senior Project Officer- Business Technical and Vocational Education (BTVET) /Tertiary – BRIDGE PROJECT
Duty Station: Regional Office (West Nile – Arua); 70% regular field travel
Contract Terms: 2 years renewable
Reporting to: Education & Transferable Skills Lead
Management Responsibility: Project Officer BTVET
Position Summary: The position will lead and supervise the BRIDGE project work in the skills development sector and vocational education in partnership with the Local Government, External development partners, The private sector, and LNGOs, and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to further improve the quality of and access to education and skillsdevelopment services. The incumbent will provide technical and management support for empirical and policy-oriented analyses.
- Provide input to the BRIDGE project’s Business, Technical, and Vocational Education (BTVET) / TERTIARY strategic planning and activities implementation, documentation, and reporting.
- Under the guidance of the Education & Transferable Skills Lead, support implementing partners to conduct beneficiary identification and selection processes to benefit from the BRIDGE project’s Business, Technical, and Vocational Education (BTVET) / TERTIARY.
- Actively participate in all field level assessments (logistic organization, identification of needs, prioritization etc.) to guide implementation of the project
- Timely support the implementation and monitoring of BTVET/ TERTIARY activities, at field level, as laid out in the project’s implementation plan.
- Assist the project officer BTVET / Regional Coordinator in the preparation of all documents and forms necessary for the implementation of the BTVET project.
- Take lead in coordinating all BTVET/ TERTIARY activities with local authorities, community members, other implementing actors and partners at the local level.
- Regularly monitor project activities and provide timely inputs and feedback to the Project Director and the Regional Coordinator on implementation progress.
- Receive and follow up complaints from the BTVET/ TERTIARY beneficiaries and communities and keep a record of actions taken to address the issues raised.
- Plan and organized capacity building trainings for WCC- Uganda staff, Volunteers, and other implementing partners staff on the BRIDGE project’s Business, Technical, and Vocational Education (BTVET) / TERTIARY project implementation strategies and methodologies.
- Set up (or assist to set up) a clear beneficiary follow-up mechanism and ensures that appropriate follow-ups are made to support beneficiaries of the project.
- Either Bachelor of Vocational Studies in Technological Studies with Education, Bachelor of Vocational Studies with Education, Bachelor of Business Studies with Education, Social Sciences, Development Studies, or related field.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in project management preferably in technical and vocational education and training, teacher professional development, and higher education.
- A clear understanding of the government of the republic of Uganda’s Business, Technical, and Vocational Education (BTVET) and other vocational skills trainings is a plus
- Excellent understanding of partners’ expectations and trends in the BTVET and TERTIARY education sector.
- Excellent project management skills, including results-based management, financial management, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to send their curriculum vitae and an accompanying cover letter as one Ms -Word or PDF document saved in your names _ position title, location electronically to:
Please, visit https://www.warchild.ca/get-involved#careersfor more details about this job
Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of ‘Position Title –location and [insert your name]’