Job Title: Loans Officer (2 Job Vacancies)
Organisation: Hofokam Ltd
Duty Station: Hoima, Uganda
Reports to: Loans Supervisor
Hofokam Ltd is one of the largest Micro Finance Institutions operating in western Uganda with its Head Office based at Fort Portal. Its Vision is “to be the preferred partner of vibrant and economically empowered households in Uganda”. Its mission is, “to provide quality and competitive financial services to households to enable them realise their goals”.
Job Overview: As a Loans Officer, you will be acting as a liaison between our financial institution and our clients. You will help appraise and evaluate potential clients in a timely and hassle-free manner. You should possess amazing communication skills to explain the loan application process to the desired applicants in a simple way.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop marketing and work plans for the promotion and establishment of a solid clientele base.
- Identify and sensitize potential clients in the respective area of operation.
- Assess customer needs, explore all options and introduce different types of loans.
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks in order to locate prospects for loans.
Mobilize and retain groups.
- Mobilize groups for the purpose of lending to them.
- Train identified group members in the Hofokam Lending methodology.
- Analyse loan applicant’s financial status, credit, and collateral evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
Process loan applications.
- Evaluate, and assess the credit risk of individual clients and groups by inspecting business and household of potential clients, appraise client’s business and repayment capability before disbursing loans.
- Generate and submit on time accurate documentation to enable loans to be disbursed.
- Operate in compliance with laws and regulations and adhere to lending compliance guidelines.
- Maintain complete and accurate loan documentation in the office and supervise the maintenance of group record keeping process.
Monitor Business loans /group performance.
- Attend group meetings as required by methodology.
- Supervise groups to ensure timely repayments, attendance of meetings, update of group records.
- Maintain group cohesion.
- Make recommendations on improvement of products to branch management.
Collection and Recovery of loans.
- Follow up with group executives to recover loans of group clients in arrears.
- Participate in branch arrears management meetings.
- Take individual action as per policy to recover delinquent loans.
Portfolio Management and performance
- Prepare and submit timely reports on the number of clients, repayments, portfolio quality, loan recoveries and follow-up action on delinquent loans.
- Maintain the company standard customer service while interacting and engaging with clients.
- Provide advice to clients on borrowing and loan management.
- Maintain constant communication with clients and assigned groups.
- Ensure and increase client satisfaction in line with the core values of the institution.
- Go the “extra mile” to build trust relationships, customer loyalty and satisfaction throughout the loan underwriting process.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Accounting/Finance/Banking or related qualification.
- Experience: At least three years’ experience in credit specifically Group Lending.
- Ability to effectively promote and sell the Institution’s products/services;
- Planning and organizing skills;
- Training and development skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Microsoft Office skills of word and Excel;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to form teams which can work together.
- Excellent public relation skills;
- Basic entrepreneurial skills and problem-solving skills;
- A team player who is also able to work independently;
- Monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Integrity and professional ethics;
- MUST be in position to ride a motorcycle and possess a valid riding permit.
- Age: 25-30 years of age.
The salary to be paid is in line with Hofokam salary structure for the Loans Officer.
How to Apply:
If you think you meet the above criteria, please send your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae stating the names and contact details of at least three (3) referees preferably of your current or former employer(s) and certified copies of your academic and professional Certificates to the Head of Human Resources, Hofokam Limited P.O. Box 228 Fort-Portal, Uganda. Strictly, your documents should be emailed to email@example.com not later than 11th August 2022. The attachments MUST be in one PDF document and not exceeding 5MB size. If you do not hear from us in two weeks’ time after this deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
Deadline: 11th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com