Organisation: War Child Canada (WCC)
Duty Station: Uganda
War Child Canada (WCC) is an internationally recognized charity organization registered in Toronto, Canada, dedicated to helping children and their communities overcome the devastating effects of war. Its vision is “Accelerating Peace by Disrupting the Cycle of Violence” and its mission is “Driving Generational Change for The Hardest Hit By Investing In The Power Of Local Communities”
Since being founded in 1999, War Child Canada has worked in 20 countries across the world and we are currently operational in Afghanistan, Yemen, Sudan, South Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Uganda.
Job Summary: The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer will be mainly responsible for coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the BRIDGE project in their location of implementation. They will ensure proper data management and real time reporting to guide decision making during the project implementation. The MEAL Officer will also provide technical assistance to the project partners, particularly in relation to monitoring and reporting issues. They will ensure that the project activities are implemented in a timely and efficient manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Work with the Project MEAL Manager to revise the project’s results framework, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement.
- Work with program teams, partners, and M&E focal points to integrate M&E into ongoing project planning and implementation systems and ensure adherence to WCC M&E Minimum standards.
- Take part in the development of appropriate monitoring, tracking, and reporting systems, tools and templates that enhance monitoring of project outputs and quality, generate quality evidence on project impact and promote the use of data for decision-making processes.
- Work with the Project MEAL Manager to review partner M&E approaches, frameworks and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support, and resources.
- Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required and organize training on M&E for partners as required.
Data Quality Assurance and Management
- Conduct data quality checks with partners.
- Undertake collection of primary and secondary data, and analysis to inform assessment for potential interventions in the target communities; special studies/operation research studies required to improve WCC- Uganda programs.
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure all elements of the data system are being utilized effectively, assessing, and identifying breakdowns and areas that require clarifications and improvements.
- Administer performance monitoring tools to track project indicators, in line with the project implementation and M&E plans.
- Maintain the BRIDGE project/indicator M&E databases; as well as the project’s level beneficiary database aligned to the WCC – Uganda’s results framework.
- Contribute to understanding of and support for mobile data collection hardware and software among project staff.
- Provide training for and support to program staff to utilize the database for analysis of program information and results.
- Work with the Project Manager and Finance Officer to develop, track and update the project risk register on a quarterly basis.
- Work closely with the local government technical officers and partners to leverage use of the project’s information system; and the district/local government information management systems such as (Education Management Information System)
Reporting and Learning
- Together with the Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Manager – BRIDGE project, participate in the development, data collection and implementation of the BRIGDE project learning agenda.
- Document best practices, lesson learned and success stories about BRIDGE’s project interventions in the areas of operation.
- Support project progress reporting, and data collection for project assessments and evaluations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Quantitative Economics, Statistics, Development Economics, Social Sciences, International Development, Statistics, Economics and Business statistics. Post-graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation or Project Planning and Management is an added advantage.
- At least three years progressive work experience in monitoring and evaluation and/or direct implementation of development programs with NGOs in at least one of War Child Canada’s programming sectors (education, livelihoods, justice), including youth entrepreneurship.
- Good knowledge and demonstrated experience in use of theory of change and results frameworks as tools and approaches to guiding project implementation and reporting.
- Broad knowledge and understanding and demonstrated experience in using and promoting digital or mobile data collection systems among users, including data analysis software.
- Demonstrated experience of working with education or entrepreneurship programs for young people or Small and Medium Enterprises’ support in rural or urban areas is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Familiarity with impact assessment an advantage.
- Good moderation, facilitation, and training skills.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of statistical computer software.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in diversified environments.
- Extremely flexible and accommodating in a difficult and sometimes insecure working environment.
- Affinity with War Child Canada’s mandate.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience and diplomacy.
- Creative, energetic, adaptable, and flexible.
- Stress-resilient to be able to cope with deadlines and complex problems.
- Flexible and accommodating in a difficult and sometimes insecure working environment.
- Strong team-oriented personality & previous experience working in a team environment
How to Apply:
All interested applicants are invited to send a curriculum vitae and an accompanying cover letter electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of ‘Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer, BRIDGE project – [insert your name]’
NB: Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please. War Child Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: 26th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com