Organisation: War Child Canada (WCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
War Child Canada (WCC) is an internationally recognized charity organization registered in Toronto, Canada, dedicated to helping children and their communities overcome the devastating effects of war. Its vision is “Accelerating Peace by Disrupting the Cycle of Violence” and its mission is “Driving Generational Change for The Hardest Hit By Investing In The Power Of Local Communities”
Job Summary: The Senior Project Officer – Innovation and Technology will ensure that technology is mainstreamed across all project activities, as summary appropriate. It will also work with other technology-related interventions in Uganda, and regionally, to look at best practices and new opportunities, ensuring technology is used to the best possible outcome of the youth involved in this program.
This position also leads and provides technical support regarding adaptation and implementation of the ‘UPSHIFT’ incubation business/entrepreneurship ‘boot camps.’
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Management and Delivery
- Lead the development of systems and tools for the establishment, management, and delivery of the ‘UPSHIFT ‘business incubation initiative, including a TOT manual.
- Focus on acceleration or scale up of innovative projects out of the UPSHIFT processes and document and share both those that succeed and fail.
- Provide oversight and manage the sub-grant to Cyber School Technology Solutions (CSTS) for the delivery of; a) virtual science laboratories at AEP centers) to digitize the Lower AEP curriculum and c) to Train AEP and BTVET teachers on ICT skills.
- Support the establishment of school-based STEM and entrepreneurship clubs and facilitate trainings to further strengthen work readiness, Transferable and entrepreneurship skills beyond the classrooms.
- Support the NCDC curriculum development processes, including in the development of the Lower secondary School AEP woodwork, Agriculture, entrepreneurship subject curriculums, in collaboration with the Education and Transferable Skills Lead.
- Ensure that technology is mainstreamed across all project activities, as appropriate.
- Seek appropriate partnerships to advance research and innovations within the BRIDGE project.
- Lead and facilitate the promotion of digital transformations in the humanitarian and development programs of the War Child Canada Uganda programming.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Reporting and Learning (MEARL):
- Work in close consultation with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Project Lead and the MEAL Country Manager
- Ensure learnings and evaluations from monitoring and evaluation initiatives are mainstreamed within project implementation processes.
- Lead and facilitate the development of business opportunity feedback study for innovative approaches in project target areas such as green energy, green jobs, and other friendly environmental solutions.
- Facilitate entrenchment of a culture of innovation through effective cultivation of ideas, best Practices, pivoting and harnessing of lessons.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the aforementioned vacancy must hold an advanced university degree in one or more of the following areas: innovation, international development and management, business administration, social policy, entrepreneurships, information technology, communications or related fields.
- Three to five years of experience in Humanitarian or Development sector, working on innovation, start-up incubation etc.
- Have strong links to social innovation spaces, incubator space, social enterprises, and start-ups.
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, tools, and systems or proven research experience.
- A visionary leader capable of working independently and with demonstrated experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders.
- Someone who can build reputation and funding alongside overseeing projects, facilitating groups and building diverse, contextually appropriate, impactful innovation programs.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a complex and challenging environment.
- Ability to work well with diverse teams from all backgrounds and levels.
- Strong diplomacy skills: ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with partners, donors and other stakeholders in a sensitive environment.
- Excellent English writing ability and verbal skills for project proposals, reports and communications.
- Problem solving and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and ability to travel outside Kampala.
- Ability and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in a difficult and sometimes insecure working environment.
- Affinity with War Child Canada’s mandate.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Creative, energetic, adaptable, and flexible.
- Stress-resilient to be able to cope with deadlines and complex problems.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants are invited to send a curriculum vitae and an accompanying cover letter electronically to: email@example.com
Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of ‘Senior Project Officer Innovation and Technology – [insert your name]’
NB: Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please. War Child Canada is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: 26th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com