Job Title: Audio Visual Technician
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Number: Kampala-2022-016
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Audio Visual Technician serves as the main authority in the specialized areas of multimedia technology and digital video conferencing. The Audio / Visual Technician will set up, operate, and maintain equipment used to support multimedia events, broadcasts, presentations, webinars and video conferences. Incumbent will support official cable/satellite TV systems along with an IPTV and digital signage system at the Embassy. Incumbent will assist in setting up mobile devices for Embassy staff for access to Department regulated systems and in using this equipment in digital video conferencing related duties.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Audio Visual Technician job opportunity should have completed two years of college/university studies in Audio/Visual Technology, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Broadcast Engineering. Required
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in audio visual and multimedia applications is required.
- Must have a good knowledge of the operational environment and have a good understanding of Uganda legal and professional procedures and practices pertaining to radio frequencies and Information Technology.
- Technical knowledge of mobile computing and digital video conferencing operations is required. In addition to historical knowledge, the incumbent must stay abreast of new and emerging technology developments.
- Good knowledge of IT networks and component equipment is required for entry at full grade level.
- Knowledge of telephone standards and telecommunications technology required.
- Position requires developed dexterity and accuracy for installing, troubleshooting or repairing equipment.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex technical and logistic problems related to multimedia equipment is required.
- Ability to communicate orally and convey technical information to both experts and lay people and train and direct others in the operation of DVC equipment is required.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and manage a wide range of activities to meet program goals, priorities, and deadlines is required. Incumbent is required to be able to diagnose and solve problems in a timely matter.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Suites; and proprietary software such as Crestron Fusion (can remotely control equipment in conference room and also synchronizes Outlook calendars with the scheduling touch panel outside each room).
- Be proficient in using communication apps, the like of WhatsApp, Teams, Zoom and Google meet etc… is required. Good knowledge of IT networks and component equipment is required.
- Language: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/writing/reading English is required. This may be tested
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the United States Embassy, US Mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 15th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com