Job Title: Warehouse Worker
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 26,771,244 /=
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
This standard job description is for a Warehouse Worker who is responsible for safe handling, moving and storage, and inventory of both expendable and non-expendable items. The position is in the General Services Office and under the supervision of the Non-Expendables Storekeeper.
Warehouse Operations and Maintenance: 70%
- Job holder performs loading and unloading of both expendable and non-expendable including but not limited to furniture, appliances, etc. from trucks/vans to the warehouse(s). Assists in organizing, preparation and the delivery of items from the warehouse to office buildings, residential properties, and other locations.
- Operates forklifts, trolleys and other electrical or mechanical equipment to safely move and transport heavy items.
- Assists in packing, unpacking and delivery of welcome kits to the new arrivals as directed by the supervisor. Organizes and distributes expendable supplies to customers and various sections as required.
- Performs maintenance and housekeeping duties towards warehouse(s) such as cleaning, polishing, dusting to ensure cleanliness and security of the storage areas.
- Conducts safety inspection of the warehouse and equipment to notify the supervisor of any discrepancies.
- Incumbent serves as an incidental operator of official vehicles and meets all requirements outlined in 14 FAM 433. Incumbent is expected to pick up and deliver supplies, as needed.
Inventory : 20%
- Keeps log of incoming and outgoing warehouse items to assists with the inventory control.
- Conducts annual inventory to help ensure that all items are stored properly, no theft has accrued, no safety or fire hazards exist.
- Conduct individual inventories of residences and inspect items to ensure that no theft or damage of the embassy property has accrued. Identifies and reports damaged or missing items for replacement.
- Assists in arranging items for sale or disposal.
Other Duties Assigned: 10%
- Provides manual assistance during visits and/or events such as setting up of control rooms, safeguarding property, tracking of items and equipment etc.
- Escorts visitors, outside contractors and non-cleared employees at post when required.
- May be required to provide manual labor assistance to any of the sections or offices as directed by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant should have at least two (2) years of experience in manual labor or warehouse work. Required.
- Must have a valid, current Class B driver’s license. Must have had a valid driver’s license for a minimum of five (5) years.
- Good working knowledge of maintenance and efficient usage of warehouse storage space.
- Good working knowledge of conducting inventory and stacking of items/equipment.
- Completion of primary school is required
- Ability to physically able perform loading and unloading. Must be able to handle heavy objects smoothly and efficiently. Must be able to able to lift a maximum of 51 lbs. (23kg) under OSHA standards.
- Ability to use warehouse tools and safely operate equipment such as forklifts, hand trolleys, electronic lifters etc.
- Must be able to perform assign tasks in all types of weather, and environmental weather conditions to include at times severe cold, extreme heat, wet or dry weather conditions, and high winds.
- Language: English level I (Rudimentary knowledge) Reading/Speaking is required. Luganda level II (Limited knowledge) Reading/Speaking is required. This may be tested.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the United States Embassy, US Mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 1st September 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com