Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Organisation: KRAY Microfinance Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
KRAY Microfinance Limited is a micro-finance institution established in 2012. We are licensed and regulated by Uganda Micro-finance Regulatory Authority. We offer loans and other financial services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Filing and coding of all vouchers/documents, including proper verification of receipts and payments to ensure accuracy of information;
- Ensuring proper entry and classification of transactions as assets, liabilities, income and expenses, and must check on all entries entered in the system; to ascertain their genuineness, accuracy.
- Preparing of monthly and yearly reports of all Income and Expenditure results, trial balance extraction, bank reconciliation and income statements;
- Stock taking of assets and maintaining of asset register;
- Carry out daily reconciliations of cash receipts with system balances
- Maintaining cashbooks, Reconcile cashbooks with bank statements and forward any non-reconciling items immediately to the supervisor;
- Ensure reconciliation of loans is done and on time
- Make all the necessary preparations for the Internal and External audits;
- Ensure safe custody of cheque books currently in use;
- Production of cash balances on a daily basis;
- Process, remit and prepare returns of statutory deductions
- Any other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least CPA I (A must)
- A diploma in Business Studies
- A minimum of one year of experience within the microfinance, SACCO setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A person of high integrity
- Computer literate:
- Proficiency in word, Excel and power point.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Team player and agile/proactive to learn
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines
- Females are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All candidates should submit their application letters and updated CVs to the Managing Director via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com
The CV should include your telephone contacts, contacts & email address of 3 referees.
Your email subject line should include your name & job applied for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 20th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com