Job Title: Qualitative Data Collectors (10 No Experience Jobs)
Organisation: Education Development Center (EDC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Education Development Center (EDC) is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. Established in 1958, EDC designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Our services include research, training, educational materials, and strategy, with activities ranging from seed projects to large-scale national and international initiatives.
Job Summary: The Qualitative Data Collectors will be responsible for conducting key informant interviews and focus group discussions with selected stakeholders in five USAID/ICYD districts: Luwero, Kabale, Masindi, Kyenjojo and Iganga. They will also be responsible for the transcription of the key informant interviews and focus group discussions. The selected candidates will undergo a training to equip them with the necessary knowledge regarding the tools and protocols for the exercise.
The successful candidates will be contracted for a maximum period of ten (10) working days (September 2022). All honoraria and expenses will be paid by USAID/ICYD. The ten (10) Qualitative Data Collectors that will be recruited will report to, and will be supervised by, the ICYD M&E team.
NB: Please note that this is a local temporary position. Eligibility is limited to Ugandan nationals**
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct key informant interviews and focus group discussions with selected stakeholders, objectively and in a technically competent, and friendly manner
- Transcribe (verbatim) all completed interviews and focus group discussions in MS Word.
- Take very good care of all materials and equipment assigned to you and submit them to ICYD after data collection
- Check to ensure that all interviews conducted are stored in a safe and secure location
- Follow the guidance and instructions received during training
- Inform the ICYD M&E team of any challenges or difficulties encountered during administration of the interviews and focus group discussions and identify appropriate solutions
- Behave professionally when working and dress in a professional and culturally appropriate manner
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in English and at least one of the four local languages – Luganda, Runyankore/Rukiga, Runyoro/Rutooro and Lusoga required. Please indicate language fluency in your application.
- Previous experience in qualitative research, specifically conducting Key informant interviews and focus group discussions preferred.
- Experience transcribing qualitative data preferred.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 19th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com