FOR STAFF THAT ARE CURRENTLY WORKING WITH I&M BANK ONLY
We are happy to announce a job opening particularly those with passion and enthusiasm about the vacancy and are interested in growing their career with the Bank.
Vacancy Title: Customer Service Officer
Reports to : Branch Manager
Department : Products & Channels
Location : Bweyogerere Branch
Job Summary: To build, cultivate and support business relationships with potential/existing customers and translate those relationships into profitable business for the Bank.
Key Duties & Responsibility:
- Source new business both digital banking and insurance from walk in clients within the bank.
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of strategies necessary to reactivate dormant /inactive accounts and sustain existing accounts.
- Identify customer needs and proactively seek to provide products/ services to meet the identified needs.
- Receive customer instructions, enquiries such as Standing Order, Instant Statement, Stopped Cheque/Account, Safe Deposit applications and deliver them to relevant staff for processing.
- Build and consolidate pleasant relationship with the bank’s customers and maintain good disposition towards all customers to ensure the Bank retains the existing accounts.
- Liaise with bank staff to facilitate customer service delivery and to reduce service delivery bottlenecks.
- Regularly contact customers via telephone calls to obtain feedback on service quality and customer satisfaction levels.
- Always contact customer timely to pick their ATM cards and cheque books when delivered at the branch.
- Attend to all customer inquiries/requests; guide customers and liaise with the different functions to ensure customer satisfactions.
- Identify service improvement opportunities through interaction with customers and communicate improvement recommendations to the relevant functions.
- Manage access to the Customer Service desk such that access is restricted to prospective account holders and customers to prevent leakage of information to strangers.
- Ensure timely resolution of customer complaints and issues.
- Assist customers in the account opening process based on compliance and KYC procedures.
Minimum Education Qualification: First degree in any field or its equivalent in any relevant discipline.
Work Experience: A minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in a banking industry.
Required Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- In-depth knowledge of the bank’s products and services in relation to the competition.
- Relationship management/ marketing/networking Skills
- Problem solving skills.
- Result Orientation with high levels of analytical Thinking.
- Relevant communication skills with a Professional disposition.
- Understanding of basic electronic banking trends and developments
- Highly Customer Centric, has empathy for the customers situation
- Works accurately and with eye for detail
Note: Deadline for this job posting is 15th August 2022 at 5:00pm and Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted