Job Title: GIS Officer Spatial Analysis (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior GIS Officer Spatial Analysis
Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi-autonomous agency of Government responsible for maintenance, coordination, supervising and monitoring of the National Statistical System to ensure the collection, analysis and dissemination of standardised statistical information. The Bureau is also mandated as the principal official statistics producing agency in the country.
Job Summary: The GIS Officer Spatial Analysis will provide Geo-Information Services to support Statistical Production and Development for the National Statistical System.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data capture in the field by use of data collection equipment like GPS, CAPI, checking of Socio-economic facilities in office and field updates
- Develop and maintaining online map services infrastructure for data sharing and dissemination.
- Handle customized data requirement for both external and internal clients i.e. maps, charts, tables, data collection trainings and consultations
- Prepare post-enumeration maps for census/survey reports in both digital and analogue, like census e-atlas, map books
- Prepare thematic maps for areas of statistical interest for directorates and MDAs
- Production of geo-statistical information by integrating physical and socio-economic indicators
- Training of other staff in GPS and validation of geospatial datasets
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Geo-Information Science or in any Geo- Information related or equivalent like Geography, Surveying, Geo-Information Sciences/Systems, Geomatics, Engineering, Natural Resources Management and Environmental Studies, Physics and Mathematics, Urban Planning with a bias in Geo-informatics, Information Technology
- At least two years of experience with ESRI software and hardware
- Map design skills, data processing skills and geo processing knowledge
- Computer literate, able to use of Microsoft office Applications (MS Excel, MS Word, Power point)
- Professionalism, Integrity, team spirit
- Good communication skills
- Objective and independent
- Problem solving skills
- Confidence, patience, politeness, tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult situations
- Creative thinking to be able to come up with new ideas
- An ability to work under pressure
- Organizational and planning skills
- Report writing skills
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the required profile, please see the job details on the UBOS Website and submit your application through the online application system available on the UBOS Website:
Hardcopies shall not be accepted. All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
Deadline: 19th August 2022 at 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com