Job Title: Metering Engineer
Organisation: West Nile Rural Electrification Company Limited (WENRECo)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
The West Nile Rural Electrification Company Limited (WENRECo) is an Electric Energy Generation, Distribution & Sales company in the West Nile sub-region, in Northern Uganda. WENRECo is a subsidiary of Industrial Promotion Services (IPS), the industrial development arm of the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED). WENRECo operates a Vertically Integrated off-grid utility involved in generation, distribution, and Sale of Electricity in the West Nile districts of Uganda & was the first off-grid Solution under a Public Private Partnership to qualify for World Bank Carbon Financing.
Job Summary: The Metering Engineer will ensure proper customer service through timely, efficient, and safe execution of all Meter related activities that Enhance Revenue generation and safeguard energy Loss through proper installations in accordance with the laid down procedures and manufacturer’s standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementing all activities related to the metering system in the Organization.
- Solve and handle all technical and non-technical issues of the metering system with the suppliers.
- Ensure proper configuration and sizing of the appropriate customer metering system according to the Commercial department needs.
- Resolve customer metering complaints in accordance with regulatory and company policy requirements.
- Coordinate the installation of appropriate Meters considering the customer consumption category and ensure that the Meters installed are promptly and accurately set up in the Company’s Customer Billing System.
- Ensure that all KVA Meters are promptly and accurately read as scheduled.
- Ensure staff adherence to Company and/or manufacturers’ established standards regarding the installation, maintenance, operation, and retirement of metering equipment.
- Establish solid coordination between the branch managers and the Network department on all issues related to the metering system.
- Prepare & provide all reports related to metering, including monthly meter reading data management.
- Maintain the meter management system, involving calibration checks, validation of meters, diagnostics and troubleshooting of meter defects and reporting the details of the mismeasurements if any to management for timely action.
- Ensure physical safety of all meters from failure where they are installed.
- Accountable for irregular performance of all meters on the network.
- Prepare an inventory of the items required for meter maintenance and calibration to ensure continuous operation of the metering systems.
- Promptly and accurately report and/or escalate all safety incidents, near- misses inclusive, in accordance with the Company safety incident reporting procedure.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of the performance management system through setting performance targets and evaluation of the same.
- Participate in the preparation of the operations and maintenance budgets for the Metering sub-section
- Maintain a record of all categories of stock for meters i.e., new, in service, condemned, repaired etc.
- Produce records of Calibration, changes / modifications, Test Equipment Certificates for all meters, etc. for Audit purpose.
- Arranges for the rectification / trouble shooting of any breakdown of the Metering System equipment through a team of dedicated metering technicians.
- Carrying out duties as per Company Safety, Environment and Quality Policies and programs with specific duties and responsibilities spelled out in Management system documentation, policies, procedures, local documentation, Safety Manual, and other related documents.
- Lead a team of supervisors, technicians, and contract technicians to carry out day to day installations, preventive and corrective maintenance works as and when required.
- Actively engage in audits carried out by internal auditors as well as shareholder auditors.
- Any other duties as maybe delegated by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a B.Sc. Electrical Engineering or its equivalent
- A valid driving License/Permit is a must.
- At least three years of proven engineering experience in similar role.
- Extensive knowledge in programming, testing, repairing and calibration of meters
- Sound Knowledge in Energy metering systems.
- Honest & Innovative
- Self-motivated & Hardworking
- Good inter-personal skills
- Safety observation is always a must
- Good communicator
- Team player with ability to motivate a team
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their Cover Letter, resume with Contacts of three professional referees and copies of all academic documents as ONE PDF FILE by email to: email@example.com
Deadline: Thursday 25th August 2022.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com