WASH Coordinator, Apolou- (1)
Country/Region: Uganda Country Office
Organization: Save the Children International
Join us to lead sustainable change for children:
- Be part of a GLOBAL and DIVERSE technical community
- Get EXPOSURE in many different contexts
- Test and scale up INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
- Influence policies that affect MILLIONS OF CHILDREN
Are you passionate about being an advocate for children? Do you want to use your expertise to bring about lasting change for children and be a part of an inspiring, dynamic global movement?
The WASH Coordinator will plan, implement and coordinate Apolou activity and budget for district level WASH activities. He/she will also collaborate with and lead other project WASH staff at district level to ensure effective household and community WASH improvements. The WASH Coordinator will build good partnership at district level and coordinate with MC district based team to ensure that all WASH activities support the achievement of project nutrition (P2) and livelihood (P4) targets. The position will ensure the quality implementation and documentation of key WASH related interventions and approaches in his/her district. The position will be responsible for ensuring all deliverables related to WASH are submitted in a timely fashion and key lessons learned and best practices captured and shared.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Sounds interesting? Read more below
To be successful for this role you will bring/have the following:
- A bachelor’s qualification in a discipline related to Public Health. Experience could substitute for a formal qualification, but not vice versa.
- At least 3+ years of direct experience in integrated WASH programming, (preferably in a community setting in Karamoja sub region).
- WASH professional with experience in Community Led Total Sanitation, WASH marketing, or community health work
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and priorities work.
- Strong communication and coordination skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, multi-intervention health development program in collaboration with national health ministries and international partners.
- Demonstrated experience managing staff and budgets across a large geographic area
- Specific experience in CLTS and WASH marketing highly desired.
- Prior experience working in Karamoja sub-region highly desired.
- Prior experience working with USAID funded projects highly desired.
- Willingness to be based in the Karamoja sub-region, with frequent travel to communities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with a diverse team of staff HQ and field based partners and counterparts.
- Commitment to producing high quality program deliverables on time and under budget
- Excellent writing skills.
- English fluency (verbal and written) required.
- Qualified Ugandan nationals and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 23rd August 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
OUR DIVERSITY BELIEF
Save the Children International is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We want our people to be truly representative of all sections of society. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, disabilities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve our beneficiaries better. We are guided by our values in everything we do, and recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for children around the world.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=am13YW5nZS4xODY4My4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20