Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality – and to promote Global Citizenship. With over 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel in Uganda is therefore seeking to recruit one Security Advisor to be based at the Representation Office in Kampala.
The Security Advisor will develop and ensure implementation of Security plans in all areas that Enabel in Uganda operates, ensures that all Enabel in Uganda undergo security trainings, provides timely security information to the Enabel in Uganda team with the ultimate objective of providing optimal safety conditions and minimise security risks for all Enabel in Uganda team and physical premises where Enabel in Uganda Operates.
Task and Responsibilities
- You develop, review and implement a Security strategy, adapted (and evolving) procedures, and Risk management methods according to the Political and Security situation in the areas where Enabel in Uganda operates as well as comply with the Enabel Policy and guidelines
- You coordinate and implement Security training programs
- You provide timely security developments to the management and staff so as to guarantee optimal security information and management.
- You develop, organize and monitor a centralized data management system so as to capitalize on lessons learned for the organization
- You define a structured approach for safety and security management at Enabel in Uganda
For the Full Job description please visit the link: http://gofile.me/6QZru/Xo5kx34N0
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Security Management, Business Administration, Political/Social Science, Psychology, criminal justice, law, international relations or a related field is required.
- • A first-level university degree may be substituted with a diploma from a police or military education institution, college or academy obtained over a minimum of a three-year period.
- Minimum of years (5) years of progressively responsible experience in security audits, security, risk or disaster or emergency management in the public or private service areas, such as national security, military or police, or in a corporate environment or in international organizations working in the cooperation and/or humanitarian aid sector in the broad sense. (Agency, NGO, Association,) is required.
- Minimum of One year proven experience as a trainer
Required Knowledge and Skills
- You have broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.).
- Good Knowledge of risk analysis and management
- Updated knowledge about security and safety management
- Attention to detail, reporting skills, verbal communication, integrity and trust, confidentiality, work autonomy
- Capacity to manage participatory processes
- Knowledge of relevant computer and communication tools;
- Flexible towards other socio-cultural environments
- You commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
- An exciting and varied learning experience in an international environment and warm team.
- A four -year contract or you are included in the recruitment reserve for a period of 3 years.
A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary between UGX 10,000,000 and UGX 13,000,000 which is commensurate with experience and in accordance with our salary scales, medical insurance and a 13th month package paid in December.
- Our job openings are for all who fulfil the conditions in the job advertisement. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. Recruitment is solely based on competence.
Are you interested?
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and an updated CV (curriculum vitae) of 4 pages maximum using the online application link below:
Follow this link to apply: https://jobs.enabel.be/go/All-vacancies/4648801/
Apply online at the latest by Friday 2nd September 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Qualified and experienced women are encouraged to apply.