Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality – and to promote Global Citizenship. With over 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel in Uganda is therefore seeking to recruit one ICT Assistant to be based at the Representation Office in Kampala
The ICT Assistant is responsible for business continuity and user satisfaction through ensuring a high-quality and secured ICT Infrastructure, up-to-date user software, and a timely helpdesk service for the representation and other Enabel in Uganda Project Offices.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- You ensure the availability and maintenance of the technical equipment in order for all users to have ready functioning equipment to be able to fulfil their job requirements.
- You manage the software and see to it that all users are informed and trained. This is will enable users to be able to perform their tasks and responsibilities supported by the software programs used within the organisation.
- You apply the ICT Security protocols, in order to protect the organisation from malware and I.T disasters
- Provide all needed support to the users in order for the users to timely use software and hardware
- You ensure availability of I.T systems and network throughout the working day in order to maintain business productivity and high user satisfaction.
- You create and maintain partnership with vendors, in order to ensure continuity of service
For the Full Job description please visit the link: http://gofile.me/6QZru/8gVZ9go5Z
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Certifications in ITILS and Microsoft certifications will be an Asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in I.T support in a mid-sized organization.
- Proven experience in server management, network management and data sharing solutions for offices.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced knowledge of windows operating system, Microsoft package; anti-virus software, database management;
- You have broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.)
- Ability to write and identify technical specifications for ICT equipment
- Good knowledge of software and database applications and ability to work with innovative tools
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Knowledge of digital communication platforms such as websites, on-line collaboration tools, social media
- Excellent Organisational skills and ability to pay attention to detail;
- You are very skilled at solving problems and you adopt a solution- and results-oriented approach
You commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
We offer you
- An exciting and varied learning experience in an international environment and warm team.
- A 14-month contract with possibility of renewal or you are included in the recruitment reserve for a period of 3 years.
- A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary between UGX 4,300,000 and UGX 4,800,000 which is commensurate with experience and in accordance with our salary scales, medical insurance and a 13th month package paid in December.
- Our job openings are for all who fulfil the conditions in the job advertisement. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. Recruitment is solely based on competence.
Are you interested?
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and an updated CV (curriculum vitae) of 4 pages maximum using the online application link below:
Follow this link to apply: https://jobs.enabel.be/go/All-vacancies/4648801/
Apply online at the latest by Friday 2nd September 2022 (EAT)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Qualified and experienced women are encouraged to apply.