Job Title: Business Research and Development Manager
Organisation: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Business Research and Development Manager will be responsible for driving growth strategies by identifying new sale leads; pitching products and/services and maintaining fruitful relationships/partnerships with customers through; Overseeing the entire new product development process and programs within UGAFODE from the initial planning to implementation/production phase thereby; fulfilling core mandates of research, planning and implementation as well as the development of such products to guarantee increased incomes and growth of UGAFODE (MDI) Ltd.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business Growth strategies through product development: Initiating strategies aimed at maximizing value from customers through developing (designing or redesigning) company products to drive savings and Asset value proposition for UGAFODE (MDI) Ltd.
- Embedding Business Research & Development: Conduct Research among institution’s competitors on products, services or pricing so as to identify new leads and potential new markets; ascertaining value proposition as well as understudying marketing initiatives aimed at pitching UGAFODE above competition.
- Business Reporting: Providing timely and accurate business reports including identification and mapping business strengths, business intelligence and customer needs so as to analyze/profile service standards and income trends for UGAFODE (MDI) Ltd in line with internal processes, best practices and Annual operating plan.
- Conducting sales: Grow new client relationships to drive savings and other liabilities through Preparation of presentations and sales displays, contacting clients to inform them about new developments in UGAFODE’s products, developing quotations and proposals as well as developing sales and service standards for the institution.
- Marketing and branding: Discussing promotional strategy and activities with the marketing and sales department and ensuring adherence to service processes and standards in line with UGAFODE (MDI) structures.
- Service lines: Drive and manage existing and acquisition of new branch networks for the institution to support in the business growth and development of channels of service for company’s products in line with compliance and risk perspectives.
- Foster customer service standards across the institution: Embed a culture of excellent customer service for the institution through development of service standards, implementation, evaluation and reporting in line with compliance, risk and best practice perspectives.
- Team Leadership: Take full responsibility for performance management of all direct reports, focusing on all aspects of sound people management e.g. Recruitment, Development, Performance Management, Remuneration and Rewards, Career path planning, On-the-job training, coaching & mentoring and Employee engagement etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business management/Administration, Marketing, Economics or any other equivalent.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience in Marketing, Business Development and Product Development.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of Microfinance operations and products.
- The ability to handle pressure, meet project management deadlines, networking skills /socially adept.
- Good computer literacy with excellent use of MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and experience in use of accounting software and management information skills.
- Strong leader to a team of sales people, with good negotiation, influencing, interpersonal skills, ability to develop others and drive results.
- Solution-focused, critical thinker with a strong “can do” attitude
- Budgeting ability, communication & presentation skills, ingenuity and creativity
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as stated, submit an application letter together with an up-to-date CV to our email: email@example.com. Save the Documents as Your Full Name & indicate the job title you are applying for in the Email Subject Line. Your applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources
Deadline: 1st September 2022.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com