JOB TITLE: BACKEND APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER (1 Position)
REPORTS TO: APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: TECHNOLOGY AND ENTERPRISE SOLUTIONS
JOB GRADE: D2
Works alongside front-end developers and programmers to create comprehensive digital solutions for business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Build and maintain web applications
- Monitor the website to ensure they are scalable and that it can still function when hit by large loads—be that traffic or demanding scripts.
- Maintain and test existing back-end elements to ensure they are as fast and efficient as possible.
- Assess the efficiency and speed of current applications.
- Write high-quality code and develop functional web applications.
- Manage hosting environments.
- Conduct troubleshooting and debugging activities.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Support security and data protection.
- Design and implement data storage solutions.
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
5 years of Application Support in a medium to large corporate entity. At least one year of devOps experience is an added advantage.
- Proactivity & Innovation
- Getting Work Done
- Relationship Building
- Communicating and Influencing
- Resilience & Resourcefulness
- Thinking and Problem Analysis
- Research and investigation
- Business process and project management
- Risk and control
- Data collection and analysis
- Problem Solving
- Computer-aided auditing techniques
Interested individuals should click https://forms.office.com/r/yY81sy7z2h to fill out the application form and also send copies of their application letter, curriculum vitae and academic qualifications, addressed to the Chief of People and Culture to email@example.com by Friday 26th August 2022.
Women are encouraged to apply. Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.