Job Title: Data Analyst (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: FINCA Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Credit
FINCA Uganda Limited was the first licensed micro-finance deposit taking institution in Uganda, and part of a global network which serves over 1,000,000 clients in 22 countries. FINCA Uganda currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda, one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world.
Job Summary: The Data Analyst is responsible for collecting and analysing relevant data from a wide variety of sources to provide practical and meaningful data insight reports, which guide credit risk decision making and general management actions. He/She will support operational data analytics & insights, credit scoring and management reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sourcing data from various sources including SQL databases and CSV files.
- Transforming and automating repetitive data tasks such as combining files.
- Data modelling & data visualization to evaluate performance and trends, using interactive visuals and dashboards.
- Statistical and predictive analysis to model uncertain scenarios.
- Management and administration of credit scorecards and coordinating with the Global Credit Risk and Data Insights team for standardization of credit scoring and data analytics practices.
- Credit Risk Scoring and segmentation to facilitate credit risk-based decision making and ensuring that monthly credit score lists are uploaded on the FINCA Scores and Decisions Repository.
- Developing processes and procedures for integrating Credit scoring and risk-based pricing models into underwriting operations.
- Obtaining feedback from branches on Credit Risk Scores and suggest improvements.
- Training of Staff (Branches & Head Office) regarding Credit Risk Scoring processes and outcomes and basic excel analytics.
- Providing solutions for queries from Branches and Head Office departments for Business and Data Insights Management Reporting.
- Creating and maintaining regular and ad-hoc business operational reports, key risk indicators, among others.
- Collecting credit risk related data and conducting analysis, segmentation, trending, forecasting and interpretation of risk management issues and concerns relevant to a portfolio of loan products using statistical techniques.
- Supporting credit portfolio stress testing and scenario development.
- Creating analytical datasets by performing exhaustive descriptive analysis, data cleansing and normalization, and investigation of business rules that create the data.
- Developing systems and processes for gathering and storing data for future work and projects.
- Developing new, improving current and automating processes & reports routinely utilized using statistical and data science techniques.
- Validating IFRS9 Modelling Variables, Assumptions, MDQs and ECL outputs for accurate Loan Loss Provisions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Second-Class Upper University degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics / Econometrics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or other quantitative discipline.
- One year of experience as a Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Visualization Specialist, Quantitative Analyst, or Data Scientist.
- Any experience within Micro Finance / Credit Risk / Banking / Mobile Networks is an added advantage
- Vintage Analysis Modelling.
- Credit Portfolio Stress Testing Modelling.
- Marketing Intelligence Analytics.
- Technical Understanding WPS Programming Environment.
- Conversant with Coding languages: SAS; SQL; Python; R, etc.
- Experience with Visualization Tools: Power Bi; Tableau, etc.
- Machine learning concepts to constantly improve automated decision making.
- Regression Analysis – Fundamentals & Practical Applications.
- Statistical and predictive analysis using code.
- Data transformation, modeling, and visualization.
- Well-developed inter-personal and communication skills
- Proactive and logical approach with attention to detail.
- Capable of performing under pressure and within time constraints.
- Self-motivated and ability to work effectively with less supervision
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to take up this role in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: email@example.com
Deadline: 26th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com