Job Title: Drilling Analyst (Oil Jobs)
Organisation: Schlumberger Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Schlumberger is the world’s largest oilfield services company. Working globally often in remote and challenging locations we invent, design, engineer, and apply technology to help our customers find and produce oil and gas safely.
Job Summary: The Drilling TIC Analyst is aligned to the Drilling TIC´s mission ofcproviding integrated technical solution for increased performance through efficiency, consistency and integrity, delivering outstanding results for our customers and ensuring maximum value capture for Schlumberger. The Drilling TIC Analyst is part of the Drilling TIC OIC Team, (Drilling Technology Integration Center– Operations Integrity Center), and shares the responsibility to execute the workflows related to the real time services. The scope and influence area of this person are in all the IDS projects in which the Drilling TIC MCA has an agreement for the real time support regardless the contract type established between IDS Schlumberger and the Client.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aware of and executes the tasks described in the flowcharts related to the Drilling TIC OIC referring the Real Time Data Support.
- Responsible for having, before Drilling starts, the master document for the start of the operation and all the attached and described documents. A non-exhaustive list is as follows:
- Drilling Program.
- Communication Protocol.
- Listings of distributions for the different reports.
- Mud Program.
- Directional Program.
- Operative sequence, etc.
- Corroborates and checks that the driller´s instructions are consistent with the Drilling Program.
- Ensures the real time Surface and bottom data quality with the support of the connectivity engineer.
- Ensures that the PTK Rig State its calibrated and executing properly.
- Uses canvas and adequate charts to the current operation, also, he can compare in real time the correlation Wells parameters.
- Uses the correlation data for timely sending recommendations and alerts.
- Receives from the well engineer, the BHA Evaluation Format for possible drill string candidates to run ROPO.
- Ensures availability of all the necessary data to run ROPO.
- Executes ROPO and delivers recommendations to wellsite
- through real time data or alerts/direct communication with the Driller.
- Timely updates the BHA and the WGB (Wellbore Geometry Builder) with accurate Dates in PTK.
- Keeps the on-site and office team properly informed through the established media in the communication protocol.
- In case of a program deviation, the DA tags, makes and distributes the alert through the established media in the communication protocol.
- Makes sure to keep the events with no previous alerts to the minimum and carries a control and record of all the sent alerts.
- For every yellow or red alert, a report must be made through QUEST or with an RIR.
- Uses InTouch to include better practices, learned lessons and technical alerts.
- Ensures that the better practices, learned lessons and technical alerts are transferred to the different drilling teams in the project.
- As far as possible, without neglecting the Wells in execution, heat tends and participates in well related HARC’s and MOC.
- Ensures the accomplishment of the WCI, SWI, WPI standards and IDS procedures.
- Participates in the SQ investigations.
- In case of a non-planned major event, support will be required, delivering the necessary charts to help to enlighten the root cause of the event.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Geology
- At least four years of experience in Oil and Gas
- At least two years’ experience as Well Operation Analyst
- At least two years’ experience as a Drilling Analyst
How to Apply:
Please send ONLY a CV and application letter MERGED into ONE document to email address: UGRecruit@slb.com. Please DO NOT attach any other documents. Please quote the Job title being applied for in the subject of your email and apply for only ONE post.
Deadline: 31st August 2022
NB: Only candidates that follow these instructions and meet the minimum requirements shall be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com