MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit competent individual to fill the following Position;
Job Title: Senior Specialist – Enterprise Solution Design
Reports to: Senior Manager – IT Design and Delivery
No. of Vacancies: 1
MAIN JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform Business Analysis on IT product development projects in line with the agreed business methodology and business architecture guidelines
- Review and understand system functionality applicable to each project
- Input into identifying ways to fine tune systems in line with changing work practices
- Determine, document, and review user requirements for all projects
- Review requirements, determine objectives and risks and issues and update business requirement specifications for the competency centre functional design
- Review technical specifications to ensure user and functional requirements are met
- Identify business improvement and optimization opportunities
- Design and document business solutions (process, system and measurements) that meet current and future user requirements
- Translate the user requirements into functional system requirements in line with the current system functionality and future roadmap, and ensure appropriate documentation thereof
- Define and construct context diagrams which form part of the basis of process mapping
- Provide information into test pack drafting
- Provide information and knowledge as required to resolve problems
- Sort, accumulate and analyze information from external sources to assist with problem solving
- Assist in identifying and assessing market trends, taking local conditions into consideration
- Provide constant status reports and feedback as to business analysis deliverables to internal customers and program manager
- Ensure traceability of requirements from business through to development and implementation
- Identify and prepare relevant information and data for reporting purposes
- Deliver first time right service excellence
- Establish and maintain quality standards that will enhance the customer experience and cost efficiency
- Work consistently according to standard operating procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical/Telecom Engineering, or related field
- Knowledge of SCRUM and project management practices
- Relevant certification / accreditation as required for role
- 3 years’ experience in relevant sector/industry/ area of specialization
- Worked in a diverse culture
- Enterprise system implementation experience
- Business process mapping experience
- Understanding Agile/scrum and project management practices
- Business Analysis
- SCRUM/Project management methodologies
- ITIL training
- Relationship management
- Systems analysis
Skills / physical competencies:
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, often with conflicting objectives and competing deadlines.
- Analytical skills
- Business acumen – un understanding of the business as a whole.
- Change management skills.
- Coaching skills – to develop the team and staff.
- Communication skills
- Conflict management skills
- Delegating skills
- Facilitation skills
- Feedback skills
- Flexibility – the ability to adapt and change in the light of changing circumstances / new information.
- Influencing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Quality management skills
- Relationship skills – to build relationships to facilitate efficient workflow.
- Risk management skills
- Scanning skills – to search for new ideas, trends, and principles.
- Strong “can-do attitude” combined with an ability to use minimum resources to get maximum outputs.
- Systems thinking – understanding the “big picture”.
- Time management, specifically the ability to prioritise.
MTN Uganda Limited has the obligation to safeguard its employees through providing a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of its employees. MTN has a Vaccination policy for all its employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in order to work from its offices and premises. Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.