COOPI is looking for a Regional Coordinator Eastern Africa for its office in Nairobi
The Regional Coordinator represents COOPI and supports the intervention of the Organization in the geographical area of interest, ensuring that COOPI mission and vision are respected in the Countries’ strategy and in the implementation of the programs’ activities. The Regional Coordinator is responsible of all organizations’ activities in the country area and promotes relationships with different stakeholders (national and international). The Coordinator does periodical missions in order to control the Country Coordinations and programs.
- Develops and enhances relations with different (national and international) stakeholders: donors, Institutions, authorities, national and international NGOs, local counterparts, in order to guarantee a possible and better management of current activities;
- Together with the Headquarter, coordinates the development of the relationship with stakeholders in Italy and in Europe.
Strategy and programming / Planning
- Develops and proposes to Direction the interventions’ priorities in order to reach goals of the Organization in the geographical area, collaborates together with Head of Missions for the preparation and periodical update of respective documents of Strategic Planning and Operational Plans;
- Does continuous monitoring/supervision of implementation of the strategies and the operational plans in the Country Coordinations.
Projects’/programs’ monitoring and management
- Supervises the process, the script and the preparation of documents which are necessary to present new projects, with the support of the headquarter office;
- Ensures the supervision of narrative and financial reports, to send all the official documentation of projects (contracts, official correspondence, reports, narrative and financial, partnerships agreements etc.) and preparation of monitoring documentation requested by the main office for directional donors.
Administrative and financial management
- Is responsible, with the support of field offices under its responsibility, of the budget analysis‘ both forecast and final balance, and financial and economical trends of the country of its competence (preparation of annual budget and revisions).
Human resources management
- In collaboration with HR office and Head of Missions abroad, guarantees the selection and the negotiation of expat staff in order to establish terms of contract (TDR, plan of mission in the headquarter and in the country, contractual amount, security benefits and other kind of benefits);
- Controls the proper flow of relative documents regarding the human resources management of expatriates between headquarter office and countries of interests: activates and concludes the process of negotiation, supervises the process of the preparation, signs and submits of the contract;
- Supervises the Countries Coordinations in the management of local staff and expatriates and the proper application of security procedures.
- Controls the security situation inside the country of interest in close contact with Head of Missions and in collaboration with the headquarter office (Security Focal Point and Director), makes necessary decisions in case of crisis situation;
- Ensures the contact with the UN agencies, who are aware about the security inside the country of interest.
- In collaboration with the Headquarter office for Communication, coordinates the visibility and the communication activities in the Countries of interest;
- Monitors the application of guidelines and procedures of security in the countries of competences.
Procedures and internal relationships (Main Office – Countries)
- Together with Headquarter Offices, guarantees the preparation and update of country rules and procedures of security in harmony to the internal procedures of COOPI;
- Ensures the respect of the procedures of donors and contractual limitations as well as contractual procedures of COOPI.
- University degree, or other relevant academic background with particular focus in International Relations, Cooperation and Development, Humanitarian Management and Emergency;
- At least 10 years working experience, as Head of Mission / Coordinator and Programs manager;
- Previous experience in HR Management;
- Excellent knowledge and use of the English and Italian language, both written and spoken;
- Previous experiences in project writing and management;
- Good report writing skills;
- Good administrative skills.
- Proactive attitude in terms of planning and coordination with different bodies, Institutions and local authorities;
- Excellent leadership skills, aimed at managing and motivating a multicultural team;
- Positive ability to bear stressful and complicated situations;
- Diplomatic and confidentiality skills;
- Target oriented and problem solving aptitude;
- Stress management.
- Previous experience in COOPI overseas;
- Previous experience in Eastern Africa Countries.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding.
COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
How to apply
Please send your CV and Cover letter – https://www.coopi.org/it/posizione-lavorativa.html?id=4454&ln=