Job Title: Business Developer
Organisation: Armstrong Consulting Engineers Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Armstrong Consulting Engineers Limited is an infrastructural consultancy firm that aims to be the frontrunner in East Africa’s construction industry. We are currently recruiting a business Developer to improve our brand recognition and help boost our financial growth.
Business Developer Advert- Background.
This is an exciting opportunity to create action plans and sales strategies that will help us reach our growth initiatives — including new customer acquisition and client optimization. To excel in this role, you should be an active listener, have a compelling sales personality, and a hunger to chase and close new business from cold calls and inbound. If you’re dedicated and ambitious, Armstrong Consulting Engineers is an excellent place to grow your career. Don’t hesitate to apply.
Job Overview: The Business Developer’s role is to implement and coordinate the company’s business plan. Their main role is to deploy new growth levers for the company. Business Developers have a real strategic role, developing a long-term vision for the company while at the same time rolling out tactics to rapidly conquer new markets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze current and past financial data, such as sales reports, and provide strategies to cut costs and increase revenue by preparing business financial projections and sales targets
- Perform market research to identify new opportunities and engage with executives to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities
- Create and improve proposals for our existing and new clients by building positive relationships
- Prepare the company budget and continually track expenses, as well as make sure we’re on track to hit revenue targets
- Develop and deliver pitches for potential investors and become a company’s twin subject matter expert and PR representative
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Network with investors and other business partners to generate new leads
- Travel to destinations to best facilitate transactions or training
- Research business or economic trends and recommend viable new growth strategies
- Explore opportunities to submit requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Create strategic alliances among similar but non-competing businesses
- Organize community outreach initiatives, such as company open houses and speaking events
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Attending conferences, exhibitions, meetings, and industry events.
- Developing and meeting goals for the development team and business growth
- Meeting existing and potential clients and Liaising with colleagues to develop sales and marketing strategies
- Preparing business reports, sales presentations and participating in management meetings
- Training intern business developers and sales colleagues
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Experience in construction industry, sales, marketing or related field
- Knowledge of Construction Engineering will be an added advantage
Desirable skills include:
- A drive to seek new business and a demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals.
- Prior experience with business-to-business sales
- Excellent presentation and telephone skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
- An understanding of how to interpret P&L, Earnings, and Inventory reports
- Ability to travel in order to see clients, explore new markets and attend conventions
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Initiative and good decision-making skills
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and resourceful
- Project management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Ability to write reports.
How to Apply:
Send your application, CV and academic documents in one PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com