Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Organisation: Turner & Townsend
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Turner & Townsend is a multinational professional services company headquartered in Leeds, United Kingdom specialising in programme management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors.
Job Summary: Turner & Townsend are engaged to support our clients with many complex projects, responsible for all aspects of cost management and project delivery and we are seeking the ideal Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager to act as the day-to-day interface with the client and drive large-scale data center projects to achieve excellent outcomes. You have a chance to be a key player in our technological future, as part of a team of innovative professionals shaping our built environment. This role is to provide cost control and estimating services on our high-profile technology client’s construction programs. To be successful in this role you must have great communication skills and be comfortable operating in a client-facing role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Estimating and negotiating change orders throughout the construction lifecycle.
- Provide estimate and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Review and participate with the design services team and general contractor, in the development of the cost estimates.
- Reconcile changes and assist the general contractor to ensure that their data is accurate.
- Communicate or meet with general contractor and owner project manager to gather status information to prepare a cost estimate update.
- Prepare written comments to the general contractor’s submissions, including the executive summary.
- Coordinate all sources of cost information for cost discussions and suppliers direct from subs and contractors
- Inform and drive engineering priorities based on cost impact.
- Work proactively with minimal supervision to resolve scheduling issues.
- Manage cost checks and carry out valuations on larger projects. Complete timely, accurate cost checking and valuation processes.
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes.
- Manage Cost impact / contingency management and commitment tracking logs.
- Prepare funding data presentations and coordinate VE sessions with stakeholders.
- Developing cost plans and estimates through the design phase, delivering updated cost plans at appropriate design milestones.
- Providing commercial input to design and input into value engineering exercises.
- Reviewing contractor and subcontractor pricing and leading negotiations on behalf of the client to drive fair contract prices.
- Performing quantity surveying, cost controls and change management activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively.
- Ensuring that cost auditing and valuation work is managed effectively and that a robust process for cost validation is in place.
- Carrying out the production of monthly cost reports for presentation to the client.
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed in a timely manner.
- Compiling as built cost estimate records for benchmarking purposes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must be a Cost Manager / Quantity Surveyor with a minimum of 10-20 years post-graduate experience working on large-scale, mission critical construction projects.
- Prior experience within the infrastructure space.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com