Job Title: Education Specialist – EQUATE ECHO project
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Consortium Manager
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: To provide innovative professional support to enhance technical soundness and coherence of the EQUATE ECHO HIP funded Education project in Invepi, Rhino Camp and Parabek in West Nile Education programs and Projects with National Office strategy, World Vision education strategy, guidelines and standards as well as government of Uganda priorities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy and Planning
- Lead and provide information and analyses towards the development of strategies for implementation of EQUATE Education in Emergencies programme in consultation with relevant government agencies, consortium members and partners
- Contribute substantial information and analyses to interdepartmental working groups on the education sector.
Project Management and Implementation
- Support the design/development of activity guideline to ensure that project implementation is done in line with the design and donor expectation
- Develop guidelines, tools and approaches for quality project implementation and monitor compliance and effective utilization
- Ensure compliance and alignment with ECHO HIP policies and guidelines by consortium members in the implementation of EQUATE
- Lead in design and implementation of baseline, mid-term and final evaluations and ensure follow-up of recommendations to improve quality of education programming
- Ensure documentation of the project impact and learning and provide guidance for to improve design and implementation
- Lead in ensuring timely quality project reports to the donor
- Support the consortium manager to organise learning and reflection forums in collaboration with partners and stakeholders
External Engagement and Networking
- Lead and identify opportunities for EQUATE linkages and collaborations in the education in refugee response programme in general and the education in emergencies in particular and ensure effective representation in the relevant coordination meetings
- Develop case papers/policy briefs to drive WVU advocacy efforts on education in the technical working group meetings andto regularly interface with other subject matter specialists in the WVU Ministry priorities to foster integration the project with other ministry areas
- Identify technical capacity needs and organize capacity building activities for WVU staff and partners
- Support the project implementation team to build school and community based capacity in collaboration
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Master’s Degree in Education, Social Sciences
- Proven experience of at least 10 years of managing Education programs with reputable institution, national or international NGO
- Good understanding of educationconcepts and issues in development context especially in Uganda Working knowledge of the logical framework approach to project design, monitoring and evaluation/ project cycle management
- Working knowledge of data analysis software such as SPSS, Ms Excel, stata
- Demonstrated experience and skill in research, analysis and report writing
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills with a passion for sharing knowledge
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to field sites
- Computer literate
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 26th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com