Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Organisation: National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Manager
National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning itself as the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. With our shared purpose of being the Social Security Provider of choice, providing exceptional customer service and better operations with a well-motivated and skilled workforce, we are looking to recruit persons with high integrity and dedication to work with us.
Job Summary: This role will provide advisory to end users on appropriate procurement methods, market prices, evaluation of bids, terms of reference and report on the procurement process for goods, works and services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development and tracking of the Procurement and Disposal Unit strategy in line with the organization’s strategy.
- Advise end users in the preparation of the annual Procurement Plan
- Verification of completeness of procurement requisitions from user departments and advising them on how to improve their submissions
- Take decisions on the choice of the procurement method, and shortlist bidders based on the established procurement guidelines.
- Prepare the solicitation documents for works, goods and services; advise Contracts Committee on the appropriateness of the solicitation document, justification for the choice and evaluation criteria.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers and recommend the award of contract or otherwise.
- Engage with different stakeholders in and out of the fund to facilitate the achievement of departmental and organizational objectives
- Liaise with suppliers and project managers regarding updates and details of goods
- Create purchase orders and tally these with supply requests and orders
- Analyze invoices to ensure accuracy of goods delivered
- Analyze bid offers during the evaluation process, comparing them with the approved budget and making reports.
- Attend meetings with the legal department to ensure any contractual obligations are favourable to the company
- Supervise the entire budget estimation and sourcing operations.
- Assist in asset management procedures as and when required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Quantitative Economics, Legal, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or Procurement.
- Professional qualification: CIPS will be an added advantage
- At least three years of hands-on experience in procurement-related functions in a busy public/commercial institution is required.
- Commitment & Integrity
- Proactivity & Innovation
- Getting Work Done
- Relationship Building
- Communicating and Influencing
- Resilience & Resourcefulness
- Thinking and Problem Analysis
- Procurement Strategy Management
- Contract and Supplier Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Category Management
- Inventory/Logistics Management
- Market Analysis (Advanced)
How to Apply:
All Interested individuals should Click Here to fill out the application form and also send copies of their application letter, curriculum vitae and academic qualifications, addressed to the Chief of People and Culture to firstname.lastname@example.org
Women are encouraged to apply. Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Deadline: Friday 26th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com