Job Title: Project Accountant
Organisation: Uganda Energy Credit Capitalisation Company (UECCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager, PIU at UECCC
Uganda Energy Credit Capitalisation Company (UECCC) is a Government of Uganda Company in place to facilitate investments in Uganda’s Renewable Energy Sector. The UECCC’s main objective is to provide financial, technical and other support for renewable energy development in Uganda with particular focus on enabling private sector participation.
The Project Implementation Unit (PIU) at UECCC will be established as part of the UECCC Organogram to implement the financial intermediation component for increasing energy access through stand-alone solar technologies, financing of internal wiring of premises, promotion of efficient appliances for productive uses, and clean cooking solutions nationwide (at households and institutional level), including in refugees hosting districts. The UECCC will also support electrification of public institutions, including public schools, public health centres, public water supply systems and so on, through stand-alone solar technologies.
Job Summary: The Project Accountant will ensure proper financial management and accountability for the resources of the EASP project in line with the World Bank regulations and guidelines.
The UECCC seeks to engage the services of a Project Accountant to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the EASP project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Project Accountant will be dedicated to the EASP project, and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide financial technical advice to the Project Manager, PIU
- Maintain the financial and accounting system of the EASP project
- Prepare annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and monthly cash flows for the EASP project activities
- Prepare funds requisitions to the World Bank based upon agreed budgets and work plans
- Oversee the EASP project’s day-to-day financial management processes
- Prepare EASP books of accounts in accordance with Government of Uganda and World Bank accounting regulations and guidelines
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for the EASP project’s special accounts
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of the EASP project investments and portfolio
- Prepare the annual and semi-annual Financial Statements of the EASP project
- Prepare quarterly budget performance reports to facilitate monitoring and evaluation of the EASP project activities
- Ensure accountability of the EASP project resources
- Coordinate and facilitate internal and external audits for the EASP project activities and implement audit recommendations
- Ensure that the EASP project’s accounting and financial reporting systems are continuously updated in line with established procedures and practice
- Ensure that monthly statutory returns are submitted to the relevant authorities such as PAYE, NSSF and WHT
- Participate in the improvement of the internal control environment of the EASP project as a whole
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager, PIU at UECCC, provided these duties contribute to achieving the development objectives of the EASP project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honours degree in accounting, business administration/commerce/finance or any other related field from a recognized university
- Master’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field from a recognized university.
- Professional Accounting qualification and membership such as ACCA, CPA, CFA and CA will be an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years of experience in financial management, financial analysis and accounting, three (3) years of which should have been spent in public sector accounting and financial management systems role at a project financed by Development Financial Institutions such as the World Bank, ADB, AFD, JICA, China Exim Bank, SIDA, NORAD, KfW, India Exim Bank, Islamic Development Bank, etc
- A high level of interpersonal and management skills and ability to work with teams in the organisation at all levels
- Must be computer literate, preferably with knowledge of computer accounting packages
How to Apply:
All candidates should fill the online application form at the link below.
Deadline: 8th September 2022
- Each individual may only apply for a maximum of two (2) positions.
- Any candidate who tries to influence the recruitment process shall be immediately disqualified.
- All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact the Executive Selection Division, KPMG on +256 312 170080 or +256 312 170081.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com