Job Title: Risk Manager
Organisation: Uganda Energy Credit Capitalisation Company (UECCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Energy Credit Capitalisation Company (UECCC) is a Government of Uganda Company in place to facilitate investments in Uganda’s Renewable Energy Sector. The UECCC’s main objective is to provide financial, technical and other support for renewable energy development in Uganda with particular focus on enabling private sector participation.
The Project Implementation Unit (PIU) at UECCC will be established as part of the UECCC Organogram to implement the financial intermediation component for increasing energy access through stand-alone solar technologies, financing of internal wiring of premises, promotion of efficient appliances for productive uses, and clean cooking solutions nationwide (at households and institutional level), including in refugees hosting districts. The UECCC will also support electrification of public institutions, including public schools, public health centres, public water supply systems and so on, through stand-alone solar technologies.
Job Summary: The Risk Manager will support the Project Manager and the entire EASP project team to ensure that risk identification is undertaken and risk mitigation measures are incorporated in all Project activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Risk Manager will be dedicated to the implementation of the EASP, and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop a Risk Management framework for the EASP project.
- Work with EASP project team to conduct risk assessments for all transactions to be financed under the EASP project.
- Identify key risk areas under each transaction and quantify the potential impact, and propose appropriate risk mitigation measures
- Promote and enhance risk management awareness by training other EASP project staff.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Director, Transaction Execution at UECCC, provided these duties contribute to achieving the development objectives of the EASP project
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold an Honours degree in a Business or Science related field from a recognised University
- Master’s degree in Business management, project management, international development, economics, finance, renewable energy, or related field from a recognized university
- At least five (5) years relevant work experience in risk management position(s) with a reputable bank(s) or financial services organisation(s)
- Demonstrable risk management experience in financing Clean Energy transactions/programs will be an added advantage
- High level of interpersonal and management skills and ability to work with teams in the organisation at all levels
- Must be self-driven with ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and deliver amidst tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
How to Apply:
All candidates should fill the online application form at the link below.
Deadline: 8th September 2022
- Each individual may only apply for a maximum of two (2) positions.
- Any candidate who tries to influence the recruitment process shall be immediately disqualified.
- All applications will be selected on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact the Executive Selection Division, KPMG on +256 312 170080 or +256 312 170081.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com