Job Title: Administration Officer (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Supervisor: Administration Manager
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-profit organization whose commitment is to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas set out by the Bishops of the United States. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Job Summary: You will coordinate the provision of responsive, effective, and efficient administrative services in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will help ensure stewardship of resources and a high-quality service approach are integrated into administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and report on activities and required resources to ensure cost efficient and quality service delivery from administrative support functions.
- Help ensure administrative systems, processes, and policies are in line with agency standards and donor and local law regulations.
- SCM Inventory Management Services: Handle property management processes i.e. office supplies receipt into the ware house, distribution, support with monthly cycle counts, annual physical counts, transfer of assets & office supplies and disposal processes, records management
- Stock Management: Regular checks of stock records for stationery & kitchen supplies, ensuring timely replenishments and updated stock records as well as ensuring that the correct procedures and proper documentation is used by all personnel requesting items from stock. Ensure that stores are properly organized and secured against theft whilst maintaining required stores management practices.
- Conduct Due Diligence Activities for CP Vendors, prepare and submit a report, carry out bridger verification for vendors and any related support
- Focal Person for all Programs field activities support. Support CP Projects in Project Implementation support services. Key liaison staff to project staff to identify and plan their support needs e.g meeting arrangements etc.
- Support Fleet Management Services – specifically review of trip allocation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field preferred.
- At least two years work experience in administrative support functions, with increasing responsibility. Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience and proficient skills in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer service orientation with very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical conduct and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with all staff
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Agency-Wide Competencies (for all CRS staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
How to Apply:
To apply, please follow these instructions exactly otherwise your application will NOT be considered:
- Email a cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – ADMINISTRATIONOFFICER only
- All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read
Deadline: 8th September 2022 at 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com