Objective of the position:
Provides Biomedical Engineering Support (medical equipment installation, repairs, servicing, retooling and user training, inventory services) for all medical equipment in the hospital.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities (Main functions for the job):
- Participate in the identification, selection, purchase and installation of suitable medical equipment.
- Maintain and update inventory of all medical equipment.
- Service the medical equipment to ensure that they are safe to use and are in good condition.
- Liaise with service providers for after sales service and ongoing licenses.
- Assessment and repair of faulty medical equipment.
- Educate relevant staff on relevant medical technologies.
- Demonstrate to staff specific ways of using particular and specific equipment.
- Ensure safety at all times regarding installation, use, maintenance and repair of medical equipment.
- Management of medical gases and gas related work.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Higher Diploma in Biomedical Engineering or Bachelor in Biomedical Engineering
- Computer skills.
- 3 years’ experience working with medical equipment
- Knowledge & skills in electronics engineering, repair, servicing and maintenance of medical equipment.
- 3 years’ experience working with medical equipment.
- Experience in working with specialized theatre technologies, with medical equipment.
How to apply:
- NB: Qualified persons should submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of academic qualifications clearly indicating position applied for).
- Write to The Head of Human Resource, CoRSU Hospital P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to email@example.com.
- Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews. The closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday,31st August,2022.
- Qualified persons with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.