Job Title: Human Resource and Administration Assistant (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Human Resource and Administration Manager, the Human Resource and Administration Assistant is responsible for providing support for day-to-day administrative requirements, functions and general office management of the IRC Kampala office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the processing of immigration paperwork for the relevant individuals (work, dependent/pupils permits, visas etc.)
- Assist with maintaining and updating of staff files both manually and electronically
- Raise purchase requests for HR goods and services (utilities, travel, and accommodation)
- Compile staff MTN-CUG telephone numbers and submit to MTN monthly
- Maintain an updated staff telephone contact (CUG) list
- Support the process of ID acquisition for new staff
- Monitor stationary supplies and procurement
- Support workshops and visit programmes
- Maintain the petty cash register and ensure monthly petty cash reconciliation
- Maintain and update the timesheet tracking database for national staff in Urban and file all timesheets appropriately.
Recruitment, On-Boarding and Exit Management
- Support recruitment activities for national employees (job adverts, interviews, contracts, and personnel files).
- Assist in preparing onboarding documents for new employees
- Prepare exit evaluation grid, collate results, and provide copies to relevant managers in liaison with the officer in charge
- Read and become knowledgeable of the IRC Admin and HR Policies and Procedures
- Work in liaison with the officer in charge, coordinate the national medical insurance scheme
- Update medical and GPA insurance databases
- Submit and track medical forms for the newly recruited staff
- Provide support to staff, follow up and report any issues staff are facing with the medical service providers.
- Maintain the database for employee leave, employee performance evaluation and staff training
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or any other related course
- At least two years’ work experience performing similar duties
- Proven skills in administration and human resources management
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Good administrative skills
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams
- A team builder with excellent people skills; must be culturally sensitive
Please note: This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 9th September 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com