Develop and implement systems, policies and procedures to ensure Quality of Care standards for Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH), Child health (CH), in ELMA supported districts and ultimately contribute to reduction of maternal, newborn, and child morbidity and mortality in Mid-western Uganda
- Develop and monitor the implementation of MNH/CH/ work plan & budget in line with the district & MoH plans and budget.
- Develop and maintain a competent & motivated MNH/ staff in the ELMA supported districts and health facilities (HFs) through regular mentorship in line with the Baylor Uganda Human resources manual and Uganda employment act.
- Provide technical support to establish/strengthen and maintain functional neonatal health care referral/linkage systems in supported districts for high-risk babies and mothers to have high-risk newborns mapped in line with MoH guidelines for MNH.
- Periodically assess sites for capacity gaps and progress on key MNH/CH/ADH indicators and make recommendations to inform intervention for improved service delivery in line with MoH guidelines.
- Support initiation and monitoring of relevant QI projects to respond to identified MNH/CH service gaps and build capacity of district and HF QI/MPDSR committees in line with MoH guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance to HF teams to establish/strengthen infection control and waste management systems for provision of MNH/CH services in line with MoH Biosafety and Health Care Waste management guidelines.
- Develop and strengthen partnerships & networks with districts, CBOs, NGOs and other influential groups for a coordinated and harmonized response for improved MNH/CH outcomes.
- Provide technical support during the development of periodic performance targets for MNH/CH in ‘district/HF’ PMPs and cluster PMPs, monitoring implementation and harmonized reporting with other project activities by the cluster & district/HF then produce periodic reports to key stakeholders in line with objectives.
- Participate in MNH/CH proposal writing for sustainability or continuity and in maternal health related operational research through development of abstracts, manuscripts and case reports and disseminate findings in journals and other fora in line with Baylor-Uganda research guidelines.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- · A Master’s degree in Medical-Obstetrics and Gynaecology or Paediatrics and child Health or Public health with a background degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery with a background of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery A minimum of 3 years’ experience in MNH/CH programs/projects with a reputable NGO, and direct experience working with government and donor representatives.
- · Health systems management training is an added advantage
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.