The study coordinator Lead provides broad operational support for all DAIDS sponsored studies, including but not limited to the planning, scheduling, and overseeing the conduct of all day-to-day research to ensure high quality, high volume and efficient productivity and contribute to continuous professional development in line with the Baylor-Uganda medical & psychosocial guidelines.
- Prepare and monitor the implementation of periodic study plan & budget then submit frequent/precise updates and monthly reports to the day to day supervisor, CRS & CTU coordinators as per the plan in line with study protocol and Baylor financial guidelines.
- Develop, revise and monitor the implementation of study and site specific standard operating procedures (SOPs) to foster compliance to the study protocol in line with Research departmental mission.
- Periodically conduct internal research monitoring and auditing to enhance understanding and compliance of the research team members to the required research protocols/study source documents and make appropriate recommendations to the key stakeholders as per the status of research compliance in line with internationally acceptable research standards.
- Monitor implementation of guidelines for the appropriate documentation in terms of study documents & CRFs & as well as identification, management and timely reporting of all serious adverse events (SAE) and expedited adverse events (EAE) immediately to the to study sponsors, local monitoring bodies and IRBs bodies on quarterly basis or as stipulated by the study protocol.
- Develop and maintain a competent & motivated “study team” through implementing HR support activities in line with the Human resources manual and Baylor Uganda research policy
- Prepare protocols, investigator brochures and CRFs which include keeping track and monitoring re-ordering supplies for the research study and avail tracking and Investigator tools to the relevant stakeholders in line with Baylor-Uganda research policies.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of periodic performance targets for study at team and individual level, and give performance based feedback to team and other key stakeholders in line with study protocol.
- Prepare all the necessary documents for protocol submission to relevant institutional research board (IRB) & other regulatory bodies and follow up all IRB approvals and amendments in line with Baylor-Uganda research policies.
- Develop and maintain collaborations and networks with investigators, ancillary institutions, research team, research participants, sponsoring organizations, and relevant regulatory bodies so as to have harmonized study related interventions in line with the Baylor Research policy and various study objectives.
- Monitor the Screening, enrolling and provision of clinical assessment and evaluation of health or illnesses of study participants as well as provision of individualized care and treatment in line with Study objectives
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor s degree in Human Medicine and Surgery, other medical licensure or certification preferred. At least 4 years’ experience in clinical research or a relevant clinical role.
- Management or leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Active previous work experience of study coordination/certification if possible.
- 4 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.