Job Title: Manager Environment Education and Advocacy
Organisation: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager Environment Planning and Coordination
The National Environment Management Authority (hereinafter called “NEMA”) was established under the National Environment Act, Cap.153 in May 1995 and continued under the National Environment Act No.5 of 2019 as the principal agency for environment management in Uganda charged with regulating, supervising and coordinating all activities relating to the environment.
Job Summary: The Manager Environment Education and Advocacy will develop and implement Environment Education and Public Awareness Strategies, Plans and Programmes
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spearhead the development and implementation of division Work Plans, Budgets and prepare timely reports
- Establish and maintain a robust Environment Education and Public Awareness Programs
- Coordinate and support mainstreaming of environment education in education curricula at Early childhood, Primary, Post Primary, Tertiary and Community education levels
- Coordinate and engage Lead Agencies and other stakeholders in Environment Education and Advocacy at formal and informal level
- Coordinate organization of the Annual World Environment Day and other related environment and natural resources commemorations and events
- Coordinate production and dissemination of the Communication, Education and Public Awareness materials and messages in liaison with the Communications Unit
- Mobilize resources for environment awareness and education programs
- Develop and implement an effective environment advocacy Strategy, Plans, Programs
- Effectively participate in and build networks for environment Education and Awareness
- Coordinate with other divisions/departments to mainstream Environment Education and Awareness
- Initiate and promote applied research and innovative approaches for Environment Education and Awareness
- Supervise and appraise the staff under the division
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field of Environment and Natural Resources, Mass Communication, Development Studies, Education for Sustainable development or Science in Education from a recognized University or Institution.
- Master’s Degree in any of the relevant fields above.
- A minimum of eight years (8) relevant professional working experience in Environment Education and Public Awareness three of which should have been at Senior level in a reputable organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Knowledge and skills in Strategic Planning
- Knowledge and skills in Conservation Planning
- Leadership, team building and supervision skills
- Financial and Human Resource Management skills
- Excellent Scholarly writing, publication and presentation skills
- Resource Mobilization skills
- Risk Management skills
- High moral integrity
- Knowledge Management skills
How to Apply:
Staff of Uganda Police Force, Uganda People’s Defense Forces, Uganda Wildlife Authority and the Uganda Intelligence Services who have requisite requirements for the positions of Manager Environment Protection Force, Principal Environment Intelligence Officer, Principal Investigations Officer and Environment Protection Officer may respond to this Internal Advert for only the said positions subject to their internal clearance processes as appropriate.
Potential candidates should download an application form, Download Here, and fill the form and attach “O” and “A” level certificates, Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree Transcripts and Certificates, Professional certificates where applicable and Employment letters in one pdf file named: “Position-Name of Applicant”.
The one pdf file should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not in one pdf file and those arriving after closing time will not be considered.
Applicants are allowed to apply for not more than two posts. Those who applied for the re-advertised jobs, need not to reapply except if they have now acquired requisite qualifications.
Deadline: 16th April 2023