Job Title: Accountant Controller
Organisation: ENGIE Energy Access
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Global Financial Operations Manager
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cashflow forecasting ensuring that there is sufficient funding for global operations.
- Providing SAP support to countries by managing the ticketing system and providing solutions to SAP queries from countries within 24 hours.
- SAP preparation of supplier & service provider invoices for payment ensuring all supporting documentation are added to the ERP (LPOs, Delivery Notes, Invoices).
- Management staff payment requests, visa payment processing, URA payments.
- Verification, allocation, posting and monthly reconciliation accounts payable and receivable.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status and production of accounting reports.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures to improve efficiencies.
- Preparation of financial statements and production of budget versus actual analysis according to schedule.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls to enhance compliance with IFRS and GAAP principles.
- Liaise with our Financial Operations Managers, Heads of Finance and Accounting Managers to improve financial procedures, accurate and timely reporting.
- Manage country inventory deliveries in SAP.
- Reconciliation of Intercompany accounts i.e., receivables, payables with countries
- Reconciliation of revenue recognition and cost of goods booked in SAP.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g., ACCA or CPA) will be preferred.
- Proven experience as an Accountant, and or accounting supervisor
- Working knowledge of inventory management is preferred but not mandatory.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements and the Uganda Tax Regulations
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with accounting ERP such as SAP B1
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Language(s): English
NB: We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.