Department : H3SE
Supervises: Direct : Indirect:
Interacts/Interfaces with: Internal: External:
• Assist the HSE Methods Manager in updating and developing of the TEP-Uganda HSE (Health Safety Environment Management System (MS) which includes the HSSE procedures, Reporting, Contractor Management, Emergency preparedness and engineering documents in compliance with MAESTRO referential and Company E&P Referential.
• Assist in implementing and maintaining Company’s Emergency Response System and update existing documents: Emergency Response Plan, Emergency Directory and contingency plans etc.
Ensure maintenance, functionality and testing of the Company’s Emergency facilities: Crisis Room, Incident Command Post, Site Advanced Command Posts
• Manage the On Duty Officer (ODO) system and ensures effective handover between each party.
• Test the Emergency response plan by organizing Large-Scale Exercises, Table top Exercises and drills while ensuring follow up of action plans
• Develop Safety Operating procedures for Company’s facilities in collaboration with operations disciplines (Drilling/Construction/ Logistics);
• Assist in the implementation of Company Safety Policies, Standards and Guidelines
• Participate in site HSE committee meetings, Service Quality Meetings (SQM) and follows up the action plans
• Ensure that contracting aspects and management of Contractors are compliant with affiliate HSE MS for the selection of Contractors, execution and closure of the contract (pre-qualification, HSE evaluation, audits…)
• Participate and assesses the quality of the HSE MS of the tendering contenders and identify all hazards with the selected contractor prior to starting operations
• Maintain regular contacts/meeting with Contractors to help them to improve their HSE Management System further to recommendations issued from audits. In liaison with Project HSE Engineer for project contractors.
• Be the custodian of incident, accident and anomaly reporting, investigations and analyses.
• Maintain a lesson learnt culture within Company by developing, reviewing and communicating of Return on Experiences (REX) from incidents both internally and externally.
• Ensure that health and Hygiene aspects of the Company are fully addressed and monitored within the HSE Management System.
• Promote the use of Synergy and ensure the follow up and execution of anomalies/incidents/Audit/ Inspection recording and corrective actions tracking
• Ensure that HSE reports issued are in line with Group procedures and local regulations
• Assist the team in maintaining a risk assessment register for each asset and hazard review system
• Review/Complete Safety reports and risk analysis to promote Safety awareness within the Company
• Ensure that all H3SE Data is regularly updated, maintained and readily accessible through the designated Company digital tools
• Assist the RSES (responsible for Safety on Site) in all HSE related matters
• Any other duty as might be assigned by hierarchy
• Implement the Safety Culture program among the TEP Uganda teams and assist the Project HSE Engineer for project contractors
Training & Awareness
• Develops training modules for personnel on site in order to improve their knowledge and skills in HSE aspects and conduct training on site.
• Communicates and conducts training sessions or presentations to ensure that personnel fully understand updated/new HSE instructions and standards
• Promotes HSE standards, procedures and TEP Uganda objectives by communication campaign with available communication means: Email, power point presentation, intranet (WAT), posters etc
• Develops proactive safety culture in Company through frequent talks, presentations and induct users in Safety procedures and plans
• Ensures that HSE training for TEP Uganda personnel are properly and timely conducted as per TEPU training matrix and Group recommendations.
• Promotes HSE awareness programs and monitor their progress.
• Participates in HSE campaigns for Company staff and contractors.
• Assist with the HSE annual plan and objectives
• Draft Company’s safety programs to determine their adequacy and Compliance to Group’s Safety procedures
• Provide planning in line with Group directives
• Contribute in developing budgets related to HSSE Supports entity HSE defined objectives to ensure adherence to the safety measures.
Education, Training, Skills & Experience
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in law, human rights, political science, business or a related degree. Law firm experience is added advantage but is not essential. Bachelor of Science Degree in a technical field, preferably Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in the upstream sector with a proven background in the Oil & Gas Industry and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Health and Safety. In depth knowledge of TotalEnergies HSE referential
• Studious and Analytical mind with good knowledge of HSE methods and Safety Operations issues
• Need to have good presentation skills.
• Strong organizational, time management, analytical, problem solving, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent computer skills with proficiency in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work under limited supervision and function.
You can apply by submitting your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line QC Technician – Electrical/Instrumentation by 18th April 2023