Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Organisation: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Internal Auditor
The National Environment Management Authority (hereinafter called “NEMA”) was established under the National Environment Act, Cap.153 in May 1995 and continued under the National Environment Act No.5 of 2019 as the principal agency for environment management in Uganda charged with regulating, supervising and coordinating all activities relating to the environment.
Job Summary: The Senior Internal Auditor will support effective management of the Internal Audit function of the Authority
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of Work Plans, Budgets and prepare timely reports for the unit
- Review the Authority’s significant business processes including the financial and accounting systems in different departments and sections of the Authority;
- Prepare audit methodology, design standard audit tests and procedures and instructions to be followed for each audit;
- Review transactions of the Authority with a view of ensuring value for money;
- Carry out the audits and appropriate investigations in the Authority and provide technical guidance and support;
- Carry out audit checks on financial and operational performance relating to collections, investments, purchases, stores, assets and financial transactions.
- Support preparation of the final Internal Audit reports
- Make recommendations for improvement of the Authority’s internal control systems to the Executive Director and the respective NEMA Departments;
- Supervise and appraise the staff under him/her
- Perform any other official tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field of Business Administration (Accounting Option); Commerce (Accounting Option) or Accounting and Finance;
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- Full Professional qualifications of ACCA or CPA
- Full membership to the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda
- At least three (3) years post-qualification professional relevant working experience in Accounting or Auditing in a public institution.
- Must have hands on experience with accounting packages such as Sun systems, GoU IFMIS, Navision Financials or Pastel.
- Leadership, team building and supervision skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Financial and human resource management skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Resource Mobilization skills
- Risk Management skills
- Command of excellent Information Communication Technology skills
- Planning and organization skills
How to Apply:
Staff of Uganda Police Force, Uganda People’s Defense Forces, Uganda Wildlife Authority and the Uganda Intelligence Services who have requisite requirements for the positions of Manager Environment Protection Force, Principal Environment Intelligence Officer, Principal Investigations Officer and Environment Protection Officer may respond to this Internal Advert for only the said positions subject to their internal clearance processes as appropriate.
Potential candidates should download an application form, Download Here, and fill the form and attach “O” and “A” level certificates, Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree Transcripts and Certificates, Professional certificates where applicable and Employment letters in one pdf file named: “Position-Name of Applicant”.
The one pdf file should be submitted to email@example.com
Applications not in one pdf file and those arriving after closing time will not be considered.
Applicants are allowed to apply for not more than two posts. Those who applied for the re-advertised jobs, need not to reapply except if they have now acquired requisite qualifications.
Deadline: 16th April 2023