JOB TITLE: Full-Stack Developer
REPORTS TO: Manager Digital Innovations
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Business Operations
SCALE: UDBL 05
LOCATION Head Office
Responsible for designing and developing the front end and back end (databases and related infrastructure) software architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications, and working alongside graphic designers for web design features, among other duties. Will be required to oversee a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
The Full Stack Developer shall be responsible to create secure solutions that utilize digital tools and platforms to enhance the customer experience. The role shall ensure the efficient and secure operation of all Business applications plus working with approved
vendors and consultants/service partners.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Planning and Execution
• Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
• Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
• Developing software with the Dev-sec-Ops philosophy and approach underlying methods of work
Ensure safe storage (archival) of all developed software source code at all stages of development and alignment to the compliance requirements at UDBL
• Secure administration of the UDBL Digital Integration Hub and surrounding systems and infrastructures
• Carrying out Business Analysis for all incoming software development projects and developing all related documentation e.g. Business Requirements Documents, Functional Specifications documents, etc
• Designing user interactions on both software and web pages.
• Developing secure, functional, and efficient front-end website architecture.
Developing secure, functional, and efficient back-end systems for all software applications.
• Recommending and creating servers and databases for functionality and aligned to business requirements
• Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile technologies specifically phones and tablet computers.
• Ensuring responsiveness of applications during design and development and eventually delivery into production
• Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
• Managing software development projects assigned from conception to the finished product including preparing all related documentation e.g., Project Plans, System Integrations Test documentation, Training Manuals, etc.
• Designing and developing APIs.
• Managing developer test environment(s)
• Ensuring effective and efficient change and release management of new software into the production environment(s)
• Plan and implement appropriate training for the BT staff for all Business Applications
• Ensure appropriate system support services and training to all authorized bank staff.
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY
• Execute tasks as assigned by the Manager Digital Innovation
• Collaborate with the Manager Digital Transformation to design and implement digital solutions
• In consultation with the Business users, take decisions on issues concerning Digital innovation within the Bank.
RELATIONSHIPS Internally: Manager Digital Innovation, Head of Business Technology, BT staff, and all Staff
Externally: Key external stakeholders including vendors, auditors, consultants, etc.
Education Requirements/ Qualifications
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or any other numerical biased field
• 3+ years proven experience as a Software Developer or similar role.
• 2 years of technical experience supporting various Business Applications systems.
• Experience with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) is a must.
• Experience with MVC frameworks is a must.
• Experience with Laravel and Lumen frameworks is an added advantage.
• Experience working with API Development, Enterprise Service Bus technologies, Message broker and Message queue services, as well as implementing Micro services technologies.
• working with collaboration platforms like git/GitLab or bitbuckets, Slack and Jira.
• Significant experience in working with relational database technologies (preferably Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, Microsoft SQL).
• Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
• Experience with software design and development in a test- driven environment.
• Knowledge of product design and product lifecycle management.
• Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g., Hibernate).
• Self-motivated and adaptable.
• Strong communication skills (oral and written)
• Team player
• Analytical Thinking & Inductive Reasoning
• Good negotiation skills with the ability to interact with and influence others.
• Strong customer orientation
• Planning and Organization
• Project Management including software release management.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Proficiency with server-side languages such as PHP, and .Net.
• Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB.
• Python, Ruby, and Java are an added advantage.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Advanced hands-on Systems interface development and support skills
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Able and willing to solve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information; and make recommendations based on analysis.
• Attention to detail.
Internally: Manager Digital Innovation, Head of Business Technology, BT staff and all Staff
Externally: Key external stakeholders including vendors, auditors, consultants etc.
Closing Date : 28th April, 2023