Job purpose: To install, configure, and maintain computer network systems for the project
Responsibility: The Assistant IT Officer will ensure that project computer network is functioning properly and up-to-date.
• Install, configure and maintain the project’s computer network;
• Set up hardware and software applications as and when required;
• Maintain and repair the project’s computer network on a daily basis including checking for errors and helping colleagues troubleshoot problems;
• Provide general support for the project’s computer users;
Install and maintain peripherals (printers, keyboards, routers, modems, and smart devices) and ensure that they are both functional and secure;
• Handle colleague queries regarding networks, systems and applications, often through a help desk answering calls and emails regarding technological problems;
• Keep records of the project computer network’s configurations, peripheral specifications, problems and solutions; and
• Handle various ongoing tasks such as checking and proofreading content, data entry, database maintenance and using printers, copiers and the like.
• An Honors Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field of Information Communication Technology.
Competences and skills
• Extensive knowledge of the inner workings of computer networks, as well as how to operate and repair them;
• Ability to analyze and work with peripherals they may have never encountered before;
• Good interpersonal skills;
• Good communication skills.
Location: Mbale Project Office
Duration: Full‐time (4 years ‐ full project life)
Potential candidates should download an application form from NEMA website www.nema.go.ug , fill the form and attach ‘O’ and ‘A’ level certificates, Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree Transcripts and Certificates, Professional certificates where applicable and Employment letters in one pdf file named: ‘Position-Name of Applicant’.
The one pdf file should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org NOT later than May 12, 2023 addressed. Applications not in one pdf file and those arriving after closing time will not be considered.