Organisation: International Potato Center (CIP)
Duty Station: Uganda
International Potato Center (CIP), a global CGIAR research center, works with partners to improve diets and incomes of poor people in Africa, Asia and Latin America through scientific research, innovation, and capacity strengthening. Focusing on potato and sweetpotato as the entry point, CIP’s programs seek to strengthen broader agri-food systems to generate economic, social and nutritional benefits for farmers, enterprises and consumers emphasizing the priorities of women and youth in particular.
Job Summary: The International Potato Center (CIP) in collaboration with the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences are conducting research for development study aimed at promoting sustainable adoption of improved sweetpotato varieties by using behavioral interventions. The study targets sweetpotato farmers in Katakwi district, Eastern Region of Uganda. This activity is aimed at conducting an endline household survey to assess the adoption of improved sweetpotato varieties among a random sample of households to be recruited from allover the district. The enumerator will collect data using tablets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collection of household survey data
- Facilitating sweetpotato vine auction activities
- Household survey data collected in Katakwi district approved for consistency, accuracy and completeness by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Agriculture, agribusiness management, economics, statistics, and other related fields
- Data collection, use of tablets to collect data, experience with vine distribution process, experience implementing CIP vine distribution activities
- At least two years of related work experience
- Survey data collection skills, soft/interpersonal skills, teamwork, proficiency in English and Ateso language
Time frame: Consultancy contract will be for 24 days.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 18th April 2023