Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
Direct reports: Revenue accountant; treasury accountant; Corporate reporting accountant
• Cash flow management is monitored on a day-to-day basis.
• Ensure compliance with accounting framework, tax, and regulatory requirements as laid out in the finance policy and manual.
• Conduct periodic balance sheet reconciliations for review and recommend appropriate actions to be taken.
• Assist in the planning and preparation of annual budgets including operating and capital expenditure budgets.
• Ensure reporting of accurate monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual financial results within the set timelines.
• Ensure periodic reconciliation of ledgers and sub-ledgers and maintain the integrity of the general ledger.
• Ensure debtor and creditor reconciliations within the agreed timelines.
• Ensure timely preparation of airlines’ banking transactions.
• Manage both internal and external audits with high levels of efficiency and ensure performance within committed timelines.
• Manage petty cash across both the Head office and all outstations.
• Ensure proper maintenance of finance and accounting records, including oversight on fixed assets management.
• Ensure that payments for purchases or services received is made to suppliers in a timely and accurate manner.
• Monitor and ensure proper control over the sales collection bank account. Ensure that bank reconciliation is prepared on a timely basis.
• Check the monthly sales and refund reports of country offices, sales agents, GSAs, and BSPs. Ensure proper accounting of these reports and provide management with status reports about their outstanding debts.
• Ensure that passengers are given proper attention in the matter of making refunds.
• Advising revenue departments on all revenue figures as regulated by Finance Department.
• Review ADMs outstanding for the station in Station/HDQ books and follow up with the agents for recovery.
• Discuss the receivable status with the station head on a periodical basis and highlight the areas of concern to the station head.
• Obtain guarantees from agents and GSAs- and ensure compliance as per agreement.
• Oversee responses to agents, GSA, and BSP queries as far as it relates to financial matters.
Education and Experience
• University degree or equivalent. Professional Accounting qualification is an added advantage (CA/CPA/CMA/CFA).
• Possess good tax and accounting knowledge.
• 3-5 years experience in a similar position. Airline experience in expenditure and revenue accounting is preferable.
Closing Date : 5th May, 2023