SI is seeking a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Director to lead and oversee all performance monitoring, assessments, and evaluation activities under this anticipated project.
This is a full-time position for the duration of the project, and will be based in Kampala, Uganda, contingent upon contract award.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Ugandan citizens are eligible to apply. **
• Oversee and participate in all monitoring, evaluations, assessments, and research throughout the life of the contract.
• Oversee and participate in the design, implementation, and management of all monitoring, evaluations, assessments, and research services, throughout the life of the contract.
• Oversee all aspects of implementation of the foregoing activities and management of staff and consultants engaged in these activities.
• Plan and implement dissemination activities for sharing results and findings of monitoring, evaluation, and research activities under the portfolio.
• Minimum of a master’s degree in research methods, statistics, public health, demography, social science research, or a related field.
• At least 10 years of demonstrated experience in monitoring, evaluation, and performance management for international development programming, preferably in developing countries.
• Experience conducting program and project surveys, assessments, and data analysis, preferably in health, education, economic growth, democracy and governance, and/or environment sectors.
• Experience with developing performance monitoring plans, and development of data quality assessments (DQAs), monitoring systems, and other monitoring technical tasks.
• At least five years of experience in a supervisory and/or management position that includes providing technical and management oversight.
• Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection, management and analysis.
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
• Excellent demonstrated ability to effectively interact with local professionals, international donors, host country government counterparts, and other implementing partners.
• Strong networks with technical experts in learning, monitoring, evaluation, research, economic growth, governance, health, education and environment.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Familiarity and/or experience on USAID Mission monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) Support contracts highly preferred.
• Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches, and operations, particularly as they relate to evaluations, is a plus.
• A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work and learning environment.
Closing Date : 11th May, 2023