Social Impact is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to provide the vision and overall leadership of ULA 2, including overall activity management and overseeing technical operations and support.
This is a full-time position for the duration of the activity, and will be based in Kampala, Uganda, contingent upon contract award.
**Please Note: Ugandan citizens are highly encouraged to apply. **
• Serve as the leader of the ULA 2 team, responsible for overall implementation, results, and management.
• Serve as the main point of contact between Social Impact, USAID, Government of Uganda officials, and partners , reporting to all relevant stakeholders.
• Supervise and manage all work of local and international ULA 2 staff (including employees and consultants).
• Oversee contract work plans, budgets, and reports based on expected contract outputs and results using an adaptive management approach.
• Provide oversight and quality assurance of all MEL tasks under the contract, including evaluation and assessment reports and services produced, data collection, analysis, reporting, learning and dissemination, and related tasks.
• Ensure MEL technical tasks provided under the contract are responsive to USAID and implementing partner needs, and are feasible within USAID requirements and the working environment in Uganda.
• Identify issues and risks related to contract management in a timely manner.
• Manage the activity’s financial resources in accordance with the budget as well as USAID policies and regulations.
• Manage the preparation and presentation of proposed implementation plans and all reports.
• Master’s degree preferred, in social sciences or related field with at least 10 years of progressive experience in project management of similar development programs highly preferred.
• Prior experience serving as a Chief of Party of a USAID contract, with preference for prior experience leading MEL support tasks.
• At least 10 years of experience leading and/or designing monitoring, evaluation, and/or learning tasks.
• Demonstrated understanding of USAID initiatives, practices, and policies, including the USAID CLA practice, USAID Localization Initiative, etc.
• Proven supervisory, mentorship, and leadership capabilities for all levels of staff (employees and consultants).
• Excellent ability to deliver sound guidance, leadership, and solutions on a variety of MEL, CLA, and other technical tasks.
• Excellent demonstrated ability to effectively interact with and develop relationships with USAID, local professionals, international donors, host country government counterparts, and implementing partners.
• Prior relevant experience in Africa desirable.
• Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
• Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
• A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work and learning environment.
Closing Date : 11th May, 2023