To manage client relationships and to maximize cross-selling revenues and client profitability while providing effective client support and relationship development relating to Transaction Banking products.
• Minimum Qualifications
• Type of Qualification: First Degree
• Field of Study: Business related course
• Matric with relevant sales certificate/diploma (University Degree would be an advantage) with at least 2- 10 years sales experience
• Good knowledge of trade, supply chain and cash management products available globally, their features, applications and potential improvements and to combine these with the ability to translate these into the local market
In-depth knowledge of the local market, customers and competitors
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization both internally & externally
• Ability to keep abreast on changes in the market, customer requirements, competitors responses and the banks ability to use information to identify new business opportunities
• Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and organizational skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of banking operations/SWIFT etc.
• Management, organizational, and people management skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
• Achieve revenue and growth targets
• Achieve new sales revenue targets as agreed
• Contribute to the formulation of the sales budget/pricing process including concessions
• Manage expenses
• Responsible for the portfolio financial budget through good client retention and services
• Improving the way we work
• Development of short term and long term sales and product plans, focusing on customers, competition, profitability, product life cycle and service consideration, in addition to organizing sales programs for growth and product penetration for your portfolio.
• Support the launching of new initiatives, products, developing enhancements, new product concepts and preparing business requirements, either independently or jointly with Group.
• Understand the market in terms of size, share, structure, potential, customer segmentation, buyer behaviours and competitor analysis within the region and country, for the relevant product sets. Support the Sales Head with market research as required.
• Carry out competitor benchmarking exercise to help shape the bank’s sales, marketing, product, pricing and service strategies.
• Implement sales performance and effectiveness model comprising of sales methodology and process
• Develop deep client understanding
• Cross sell and up sell
• Manage and retain client relationships
• Participate in customer surveys (internal and external)
• Feedback client needs/wants into the programme
• Provide Ug client lens into the programme – be the voice of the client into the programme
• Share monthly reports of migration progress to Quantum Leap Programme
• Provided adequate support to the relevant stakeholders supporting the roll out of The Quantum Leap programme – attend relevant meeting and provide the client voice
• Maintain proper sales discipline around landing Quantum Leap program.
• Support any other projects that may come up from time to time.
• Plan, input, maintain and communicate a view of Transaction Products and services covering your portfolio
• Coordinate and assume responsibility for compiling and communicating to all stakeholders, on a regular basis, information relevant to your portfolio.
Brand and Culture
• Represent Stanbic at sales forums and industry events.
• Promote the Stanbic brand.
• Head of Products in Country
• Sector heads
• Relationship Managers
• CIB Transactional Bankers
• Client Services
Core and Leadership competencies
• Problem solving
• Building relationships
• Enabling change
• People Management
• Knowledge management
• Decision making
• Personal impact
• Organisational capacity building
• Identification and recommendation of new products and modification of existing products to exploit market opportunities and threats in a timely manner to enhance profitable business, subject to demonstrating the business case and with appropriate financials, recommendations regarding new products/modifications to existing products are normally accepted.
• Choice in recruitment and selection decisions of new employees, which have significant impact on meeting business targets
• Sales Tactics
• Revenue growth and client retention, for the segment portfolio (onshore) as well as across the network (offshore).
• Other financial metrics, including pipeline growth and capital management.
• Cross selling efforts, such as Channels, Financial Markets referrals
• Non-financial metrics, including development and maintenance of client maps, account plans, training, industry event attendance
Closing Date : 11th May, 2023