Job Title: Consular Assistant (2 Fresher Admin Jobs)
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Number: Kampala-2023-040
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The position is one of nine local staff positions in the 14- person consular section and reports directly to the Deputy Consular Chief. The Consular Assistant performs a broad range of services including drafting correspondence and managing the applicant appointment calendar to support citizenship and visa processing and serves as the consular cashier.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Consular Assistant job opportunity should have completed two years college or university studies.
- At least two years of work experience in an office and public service environment is required.
- Incumbent must have good understanding of host country laws and authorities on migratory trends, demographics and border controls.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with a team is required.
- Fast and accurate data entry required; ability to read, interpret, and act accordingly to complex regulations and instructions; work independently; exercise tact in dealing with the public; work under continuous pressure; exercise good judgement in referring cases to officers; and write clear and concise correspondence is required.
- Ability to use local resources to research legislation and policy, and to produce written information handouts for visa applicants is required.
- Language: Fluent English; written/spoken, including the ability to translate; Either Luganda, Swahili, Acholi or Dinka Good working knowledge; written & spoken is required.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the United States Embassy, US Mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 7th May 2023