Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Community Engagement and Sponsorship Coordinator
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Job Summary: The Sponsorship Correspondence Assistant will handle and manage all incoming and outgoing correspondences circulated by the National Office and Field Office APs in compliance with World Vision’s Global Standards and technical requirements. This position will be focused mainly on the smooth management of all sponsorship correspondences to maintain timely and quality communication with sponsors and children. It will also involve occasional field visits to support the teams to meet the required service level agreements on time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Effective Management of Correspondences/SOIs/Key Performance Indicators.
- Receive from Posta Uganda, Sort and Process all incoming sponsor Correspondences, including Staff Mails on a daily basis.
- Process and Dispatch to the respective Aps/Clusters all processed Sponsor Mails/E-letters within 5 Working days as per WV Uganda Office Service Level Agreement. (SLA).
- Periodically share analyzed AP Horizon open and Closed Correspondence reports with CSSO/SOO to track Compliance to Partnership SOI standards.
- Conduct reconciliation with AP on correspondence performance status, what is pending and what has been closed and delivered for Postage to National Office, includes engagements with CSSO/ SOOs to ensure closure and maintain the Sponsor Letters, E Letters, Parcels, Cards/ Letters within the Partnership Standards.
- Monitor and ensure all incoming sponsor letters, cards, Parcels and E letters are sorted, processed and entered in Horizon SSUI Database.
- Receive correspondences replies from the field and reconcile child IDs with detailed closed correspondence Horizon reports
- Ensure Accountability of all Children’s gift items by the Regions by recording and submitting Money Orders and cheques enclosed in Parcels while processing to Community Engagement and Sponsorship Coordinator (CSOC/GNs Analyst).
- Monitor, track and work with the GN Coordinator and CSSO to ensure all Monies for RCs received through the correspondence is received in the AP and acknowledge through the child’s reply
- Keep documentation of all Processed Parcels well referenced and also damaged sponsor mails/parcels for reference and return to sender mail.
- Continuously Keep the Correspondence Room under lock and Key and ensure it’s inaccessible to Non Sponsorship Staff.
- Monitor and track compliance with Sponsorship standards on sponsor mails to ensure that every sent mail is responded to and the reply sent back to the sponsors
- Accounting tracking and recording of all cards received in the correspondences unit.
- Receive, batch and enter into Horizon database all received GN’s.
- Enter all coded correspondences in the Horizon system.
- Reconcile and follow up on all unfulfilled GN slips while tracking the progress of all system open GN’s
Child Protection & Security
- Expeditiously carry out child protection quality checks for all correspondences to ensure that correspondence materials and contents do not negatively affect the holistic growth and development of children.
- Ensure the security of Sponsor addresses during mail processing activities, burning/disposal of all unwanted contents Removal of sponsor addresses form parcels and incoming mails before dispatch.
- Remove inappropriate correspondences materials and information that can affect the holistic growth and development of children
- Scanning through all parcels and letters before they are sent to the field offices for child protection issues
Correspondence Quality Assurance.
- Work closely with Clusters & APs to ensure quality of child communications (Childs Replies/ILs/GNs etc.) i.e. periodically proof read and Sample out BEST Child Letters, Upload through Horizon RMT/ Share file to Global Centre/Support Office.
- Monthly Engagement with assigned APs to share sample copies for responses to correspondences for quality review
- Monthly review of submitted sampled copies for quality review and share the feedback actions with the field teams
- Follow-up engagement with assigned APs to ensure all gaps identified in their correspondences are addressed or plans are in place to address issues of quality
Courier & Postage Management Payments.
- Pick up parcels from Posta Uganda and Private Bag/EMS on weekly basis.
- Prepare relevant documentation for Postage of all Closed SOIs (APR, XMAS Cards, SLs/ELs, GNs etc.) and deliver to Posta Uganda for postage overseas and or to respective Support Offices.
- Reviewing all received correspondences from the cluster field and reconcile with the delivery form before postage.
- Monitoring and Tracking of all closed and delivered correspondences for timeliness
- Compile a list of correspondences for postage per AP ID; No; Type of mail; support office & weight & cost
- Fill EMS Airway bills and pack correspondences in plastic bags before delivery to Posta
- Sort; pack & correspondences mail dispatch to Posta or DHL (where necessary)
- Oversee the verification; and weighing mails packages for and calculating rates at Posta
- Collect parcels; registered mail and make payments for Parcels at Posta & clear with URA department
- Pay import duty taxes at designated bank for parcels where applicable
- Compile airway bills of all in-coming courier packages (weighing >5 Kgs) and attach project IDs before submitting them to Admin for further processing of clearance taxes
Reporting and Documentation.
- Prepare and submit to Community Engagement and Sponsorship Coordinator, timely analyzed monthly Child Sponsorship Correspondences Management reports
- Submission and sharing of analyzed reports within standard time that is monthly and quarterly to comply with reporting standards and information requests that contribute to critical analysis, decision making, and planning and performance measurement
- Submit weekly reports of postage; payments & reconciliation activities
- Airway bills with Project IDs are submitted to Admin on monthly basis
- Provide support to clients in person, on email, or telephonically
- Responding to queries from the field and support offices about in-coming & out-going correspondences
- Scan and return cheques which had been enclosed in sponsor letters to support office and communicate the same by e-mail
- Keeping Records
- Maintains both hard copy and electronic files of relevant documents (mail delivery sheets; local excel database, payment invoices; corporate pick-up & delivery forms; concur receipts; payment vouchers
- Filing postage documents
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision Sponsorship Correspondence Assistant job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Arts and Humanities or related field from a recognized university.
- Qualifications in networking, information systems, and databases will be an added advantage.
- Critical thinking/questioning, self-drive and innovative
- Proven IT knowledge, skill and experience in database management.
- Must be a team player and team builder.
- Must be a committed Christian.
- Ability and willingness to work for longer hours, when the situation so demands.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 3rd May 2023