Job Title: Company Driver
Organisation: FSD Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
FSD Uganda (FSDU) is an independent, not for Profit Company. We support innovation, conduct research and help improve policy and regulation. Our objective is a deeper, broader and more inclusive financial sector in Uganda. Our aim is to improve the livelihoods of Uganda’s low-income households through a market-development approach.
Job Summary: The Company Driver is responsible for the smooth running of the transport functions of FSD Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Transport Services: Provide a safe and efficient transport service to FSDU Staff, Partners and Visitors; ensuring that high standards of customer service are provided at all times:
- Take initiative to communicate with internal clients to anticipate and fully understand travel needs; participate in team meetings where schedules and upcoming visits are discussed and take not of any travel implications.
- Develop and communicate a plan for efficiently meeting all client travel requirements, ensuring a balance between cost effectiveness and passenger convenience.
- Drive carefully and safely in accordance with the traffic laws of Uganda and FSDU.
- Give attention to the physical wellbeing of passengers, providing comfort breaks and other assistance as required; always treating passengers with courtesy and friendliness.
- Compile the monthly journey log sheet.
- Supervise any outsourced Drivers to ensure that the carry out their work fully and well and have a good level of team spirit and motivation; monitor the progress of vehicles en-route and provide support/ take action in case of problems or emergency.
- Provide courier services by supporting the Administration section with delivery of mails / parcels both incoming and outgoing.
Vehicle and Mechanical Maintenance: Ensure that FSDUs vehicles, generator and any other automotive equipment are in good condition, mechanically sound and safe to use
- Carry out daily checks on the vehicle by ensuring that they are in good working condition; recording any problems requiring future action in the vehicle check list
- Carry out minor maintenance (e.g. filling oil, water and air) as required.
- Follow up to ensure that maintenance work is done on time; inspecting vehicles after repair or maintenance work has been completed to ensure that repairs are completed satisfactorily to the required standard.
- Ensure that vehicles are equipped with all necessary breakdown and safety equipment and that such are in full working order.
- Occasionally act as a handyman for small office repairs.
- Ensure that vehicles insurance and any other renewals are made on time and that all other legally required paperwork (e.g. driver licences) is in place.
- Any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (A’ Level Certificate).
- A Diploma or Technical or Vocational Certificate in Automotive Engineering, Transportation, Logistics is an added advantage.
- Valid driving licence.
- Satisfactory medical and eye test.
- Defensive driving certification an advantage.
- Five years of progressive experience in motor vehicle transport operations management operations management/ fleet management or related area.
- Track record of safe and reliable driving with good customer feedback on both driving skills and customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills, adaptability, flexibility and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Basic Computer skills in excel spreadsheet/ word documentation.
- Can operate manual and automatic vehicles.
Behavioural Competencies or Character:
- Initiative & Decisiveness – Level 1
- Innovation & Value Addition – Level 1
- Drive for Results – Level 1
- Relationship Building – Level 1
- Communication & Influencing for Impact – Level 1
- Thought Leadership – Level 1
- Learning & Resourcefulness – Level 1
How to Apply:
Email your curriculum vitae, A-Level Certificate, O-Level Certificate and cover letter to email@example.com – The email subject line should be; Application for the Company Driver Position.
Deadline: 4th May 2023