Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Job Summary: The Program Administration Assistant for the Rebuild project will be based in Kampala, Uganda. S/he will work closely with Re:Build program staff and directly under the guidance of the Senior Livelihood Officer, and will manage the general Livelihood Centre administration, ensuring that the center is well maintained and kept tidy as well as supervise the physical office maintenance. S/he supports the affairs related to the day to day running of the IRC Livelihood Center and is responsible for providing support for day-to-day program administrative requirements, functions, and general office management of the center. The position is based at the IRC Livelihood Center
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sit at the reception and manage calls, welcome visitors, attend to the telephone and answer or refer any inquiries. Closely monitor the usage of the computers in the ICT lab, ensure clients are adhering to the set rules and regulations for the lab.
- Receive, sort, sign for packages and distribute items, internal communications, and correspondence within the center and to appropriate persons/ staff in RE: BUILD.
- With support from the community-based facilitator (CBFs), receive and register clients interested in receiving Rebuild services at the livelihood resource center, support in conducting information sessions when required, track and conduct referrals.
- Keep track of the inventory for all assets, consumable, and training materials at the livelihood Resource center, track payment of office utilities (water, power, Yaka tracker. Maintain and track the usage of office utilities and provide a monthly report.
- Support dissemination of project specific communication materials such as policies, templates, newsletters flyers among others.
- Liaises with Supply Chain to prepare procurement, prepare item forecast requisitions and share monthly updates of the LRC expenditures. Track payment of tenancy agreement.
- Liaises with different workstream holders, assists in the preparation and tracking of purchase requests in BvA, payment requests and claims for program activities.
- Support in arranging project team appointments with clients and facilitate follow-up on deadlines.
- Support administrative arrangements for project events, meetings, workshops among others, and be security conscious of the LRC premises and staff.
- Provide weekly site updates of what could have transpired in the week at the LRC, including preparation and distribution of minutes of meetings, summary notes and other documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff, interns, visitors, and consultants by providing them with the necessary support, show them around the premises, guide on the sitting arrangement, provide documents and materials for orientation.
- Work with other Program staff to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed.
- Alert direct supervisor immediately of any problems with the office premises and follow-up on these issue as required.
- Maintain and track the usage of office utilities and provide a monthly report.
- Track and monitor office supplies, including toiletries, ensure availability at any time.
- Monitor staff tea and water is available at the office all time and ensure the entire premises is kept tidy.
- Perform other duties as specified by the supervisor and in accordance with instructions from team members.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in administration and office Management, Public Administration, social science, Business Administration, or related field
- Two to three years of clerical, secretarial, or office experience.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with routinely shifting demands.
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English, Kiswahili, French or Arabic
- Highly motivated, possesses a strong sense of integrity and a positive attitude towards work.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.