Job Title: Procurement Officer – Governance & Controls
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Procurement
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the Procurement Officer – Governance & Controls will be responsible for contract management and supplier/third party relationship management to achieve adherence to procurement standards, policies, and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforce strict adherence and compliance to procurement processes, BOU outsourcing guidelines, third party risk framework and any other internal policies and applicable regulations.
- Monitor and track compliance to Supplier Relationship Management review schedules and check effectiveness of the review meetings.
- Coordinate supplier risk profiling process and communicate risk profile details to Supplier Relationship Managers.
- Complete the Key Control Self-Assessments, Key Risk Indicators, Incident reports and address the areas identified for improvement.
- Monitor the contracts tracker to enforce timely renewal of the contracts.
- Review of standard Procurement contracts prepared by Category Leads for completeness.
- Drive/support closure of all Audit, Risk, Compliance and Governance issues.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to the Head of Procurement on contract status, supplier relationship management and procurement workplans.
- Designing, standardization, simplification and implementing Procurement governance, controls, and processes.
- Identifying areas of control weakness or strength for suppliers, driving proactive remediation actions and escalates to the Head of Procurement as required.
- Training supplier/service managers and partnering with business to mitigate the supplier risk in the various departments.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement or Business Degree.
- CIPS or equivalent Procurement professional qualification.
- At least three years of procurement experience in managing third party suppliers and excellent knowledge of Procurement and its processes.
- Experience in risk management and audit will be an added advantage.
- Attention to detail and ability to assimilate, appraise and extract information quickly when faced with numerous ad hoc queries.
- Proven track record of consistent performance and delivery.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively.
- Strong executional capability aligned with the ability to understand and interpret strategy.
- Strong coaching capability and ability to prioritize and manage a varied agenda.
- Identify and engage with all the key stakeholders within and outside the organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- Ethics and Integrity.
- Results oriented.
- Highly motivated.
- A Strong analytical power and innovativeness.
- Sound commercial acumen.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Communication skills.
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below;
Deadline: 2nd May 2023