Our client, a Government entity in the real estate sector is looking for suitably qualified individuals to apply for the vacant position of Human Resource Officer. The position reports to the Company Secretary/Head of Administration and is based in Kampala. This is a dream career opportunity for a highly dynamic, creative, innovative, and astute performer.
JOB TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
REPORTS TO: Company Secretary/Head of Administration
An honours degree in Human Resource Management or any other HR related field
Essential educational and professional qualifications:
1. A post graduate qualification in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage.
2. A minimum of 3 years working experience in the human resource department of public, private or non- Governmental or any other reputable organisation
3. Ability to work independently.
4. Familiarity with computerised systems.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Provide effective and responsive human resource support services in the areas of recruitment, updating staff records, appraisal and exit procedures, annual leave planning, staff attendances, absences and staff welfare.
2. Respond to queries from members of staff on terms of employment, contractual issues and provide career guidance, counseling and advice to staff with social or work-related problems.
3. Coordinate induction/ orientation programmes for newly appointed staff including pro-actively liaising with relevant departments to agree induction programme, distribute new arrivals information pack, monitor and evaluate induction programme implementation.
4. Pro-actively follow up issues relating to renewal of staff employment contracts and liaise with heads of departments for review of existing and preparation of new job descriptions.
5. Provide effective coordination for the training function including pro-actively liaising with individual staff and managers to identify training and development needs, drafting an annual training plan, ensuring approved training programmes are carried out and their impact evaluated and maintain accurate records on the training and development activities.
6. Maintain accurate and comprehensive staff records compile and submit informative reports on human resource management activities to facilitate managerial decision making.
Manage the staff medical scheme and group personal accident policy including timely update and communication of beneficiaries’ names to service providers, review of quality of services and certify payments and claims relating to the services in accordance with HR manual.
7. Coordinate the internship program by ensuring their proper placement and maintaining an updated database for all interns and ensure that all interns submit reports to the Human Resource unit and Branch Managers/Heads of department at the end of their internship program.
8. Make sure that the available welfare facilities provided are being properly maintained and utilized.
9. Participate in the man power planning in the organization by attending planning and budgeting meetings.
10. Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the company Secretary/Head of Administration
If you believe you have the desired competencies for the job, please send an application and attach a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates, address, a daytime telephone contact and names of 3 referees to the National Director using the address below. Please ensure the application reaches the National Director not later than close of business on 12th May 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Apply to: The National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited, Plot 519, Old Kira Road – Kamwokya, P. O. Box 3024, Kampala Uganda or send via email to email@example.com For more details, call +256414237150.