Job Title: Personnel Development Manager
Organisation: Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from health care. MSF offers assistance to people based on need irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation.
Job Summary: The Personnel Development Manager is responsible for ensuring the HR capacity required, sizing and improving people capabilities, contribution, and active participation in order to achieve mission goals effectively. This will be done according to MSF human resources vision and values.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define together with the coordination team the ideal set of skills and levels each SUKA position should have.
- Develop and implement strategies, policies, procedures, and tools, adapt them to the Mission’s context.
- Suggests career paths and support plans for specific persons to HRCo and line managers, ensuring a proper liaison with the Operational needs and objectives set, the results of PMS, the training possibilities (local, international, intersectional, regional, etc.) and the potentials identified.
- Assess the current skills and competencies level of the whole SUKA team.
- Look for synergy/exchanges with other MSF sections and other NGOs in terms of trainings, coaching and other development tools.
- Design the assessment tools and templates to be used for each profile.
- Generate a development plan for each member of the SUKA in collaboration with Line Managers.
- Capitalize the long-term ongoing Internship program and share with the relevant groups in OCG.
- Provide expertise and support to all coordinators/supervisors/activity managers on how to implement PMS (tool, method, setting up objectives, follow up of action plan and best practices) with the aim to evaluate and develop competencies of the staff they supervise.
- Implement the 3600 staff Appraisals/Evaluations in SUKA.
- Provide expertise to all people involved the recruitment process on how to lead it properly with the aim of recruiting professionals and people with potentials to be developed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in the social/behavioral sciences Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development; Human Resources Management/ Development, Business Administration, or related field.
- A minimum of three years of experience in work experience in managing and implementing performance management systems, learning and development initiatives, and organisational development initiatives from reputable organization.
- MSF experience is a strong asset.
- Good knowledge of different training methods, skills in facilitating stakeholder/working group consultations and training on learning and development,
- Ability to plan and organize work effectively and deal with multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to handle sensitive people issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Listening, coaching and counselling skills. Ability to lead and mange change effectively.
- Must have excellent communication, people management skills and a high level of maturity and integrity.
- Highly computer literate, good knowledge of governmental protocols (diplomatic status) and administrative procedures
- Languages: English, Local languages and French is a plus.
- Competencies: People Management, Commitment, Autonomy, Strategic Vision, Result Oriented, Discipline service orientation, Behavioural Flexibility, Teamwork and Cooperation.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and a detailed CV merged together in a SINGLE PDF or WORD document to the HR department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of position as subject line. Only shortlisted candidates meeting the above criteria will be contacted. No monetary, goods or service offers, nor favouritism, will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse any candidate having benefited from such acts. Any illicit solicitations can be reported to the Justice System.
Deadline: 7th May 2023 by 5:00pm